Thread: Scanner plot intermittent

Advanced Tuner

Scanner plot intermittent

Has anyone else had issues with VCM scanner lately? I recently updated about a week ago and started having issues with VCM scanner. During a scan all of the lines on the graph will disappear, and then a moment later, all of my polled and broadcast PIDs will freeze and stop updating (with exception of MPVI inputs). Starting a new scan causes the issue to re-appear almost immediately. The only luck I've had is with closing VCM Scanner and opening a new instance.

It's frustrating when I'm scanning and suddenly my graphs go blank and I have to restart the application to continue capturing data.

I updated again last night, but am still experiencing the issue

What OS?

I've had some weird issues like that on Windows 7, especially if I put the laptop to sleep with Scanner open and then tries to log when I woke it up

windows 10, I get the same thing from time to time, doesn't seem to care what i'm scanning either-it has happened on p01, p59, e38 and e67.....

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    What OS?

I've had some weird issues like that on Windows 7, especially if I put the laptop to sleep with Scanner open and then tries to log when I woke it up
    Windows 10

Problem is that it's a tablet, so its constantly in and out of sleep

Quote Originally Posted by HackAbuse View Post
    Has anyone else had issues with VCM scanner lately? I recently updated about a week ago and started having issues with VCM scanner. During a scan all of the lines on the graph will disappear, and then a moment later, all of my polled and broadcast PIDs will freeze and stop updating (with exception of MPVI inputs). Starting a new scan causes the issue to re-appear almost immediately. The only luck I've had is with closing VCM Scanner and opening a new instance.
    I have the exact same issue where the channels freeze except the MPVI input. Im just not yet sure if its a particular channel thats causing it. Windows 10, virtual pc running on a macbook. Scanner version 3.2.110

Senior Tuner
    only scanner issue i have had is the mph going bonkers.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

ive tried to turn off the graph, gauge and chart. I have also tried a range of different channels and it keeps doing the same issue.

Attached are two logs where the issue has appeared today.

drive 0003 -take off.csv

drive 0003 -home.csv

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah it happens to me just about daily. Sometimes several times in a session. I usually close VCM Scanner and start it again, but occasionally I have to restart the whole PC. Pain in my ass.