Thread: E38 with VE Tables??? 68 Camaro Swap

E38 with VE Tables??? 68 Camaro Swap

Working on setting up a tune for my 68 Camaro swap. I have an E38 from a 2008 Silverado. My plan was to start off with the tables from an 08 Corvette (My engine is an LS3 Crate with a cam). I have come across 5 Tables in the "Main VE section" in my ECM that the 2008 GM vette tune does not have.

My understanding was that the E38 had no such Main VE tables, just the coefficient tables. Can someone tell me where these tables might have come from and exactly how I should be tuning VE? Should I be using this Main VE table that my ECM somehow has picked up or the prediction coefficient tables.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, most of my tuning experience is with Gen 3 and E40 stuff.

Use the VVE tables under the EDIT tab to make your changes. You only have to make changes to the manifold switch open/closed tables.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Use the VVE tables under the EDIT tab to make your changes. You only have to make changes to the manifold switch open/closed tables.
    These would be the intake manifold runner open & closed tables? What type of a tune file could I use to get a starting point on what values to use there? The ECM is used and I don't want to trust what is in there.

copy the coefficients and rpm/map boundaries from the 2008 vette and it will populate the VVE table accordingly. look in the tune repository...

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]