Thread: 2015 6.4 A8 idle fuel trims and afr's going crazy

2015 6.4 A8 idle fuel trims and afr's going crazy

So I've been chasing my tail here for awhile and it doesn't make sense but my fuel trims and afr's very at idle with the card in drive. As soon as I take it out of drive the fuel trims stabilize immediately and so does my afr's wideband. I switched to hp tuners about a week ago because I was tired of diablosport shit and it also did it on the tune I had bought too. I can't remember if it has done it all the time or after I installed the headers. I even added 15% to the o2 airflow delay but like I said it only does it with the car in drive.....What the heck is causing it to do this?

wtf.hpl
    Last edited by redline5.0; 10-06-2016 at 09:04 AM.

Senior Tuner
    need to log your VE and fuel trim cells, you should be at least 2-3 rows LOWER in your VE table than when in neutral or park, just need to find the spot.

On average youre running a bit rich, but its clear when you move from one idle fuel cell to another, goes from -3 to -12 LTFT in an instant, that's it crossing over. Could be also your AC compressor going on and off, which will also put you in a different fuel trim cell.

Here is what I have for ve and I don't have any fuel trim cells that I can log
    ve.PNGfuel.PNG

Guess I'll dial in the idle in drive the best I can and move on to tuning the rest because I have no idea how to fix it or if there is even a way to fix it right meow. Cruise logs are dialing in good though.

Started over from scratch today after a week of trial and errors and setting up my scanner I think I'm making progress now. My car never idles below 30kpa so I mad my afr error table filter that out and have dfco disabled from the get go and seems to be going a lot better.

Well I thought I was making progress but no mater what I do I can't get the idle in gear or saying cruising at 2000 rpm holding speed with minimal throttle makes the ltft's going bonkers. All other driving is fine like part throttle and wot is fine but any time I'm at a idle in gear or holding steady rpms/throttle response it goes full retard.

Has anyone tuned a 15 with the neural network off am I wasting my time or are there tables still missing and pids from the scanner still missing? I still don't understand why the short trims go stupid while sitting in gear or cruising but all the other times there fine. Like there is another fuel tables its commanding?

Well I'm a freaking idiot been trying to dial my idle and cruise fueling with AFR error but trying to do it in closed loop rather thin make the car go into open loop and chasing my tail when trims were changing fueling too.