Thread: 5.4 3V Cam Lockout tuning

Potential Tuner

5.4 3V Cam Lockout tuning

Hey, I installed lockout in about 10 different 5.4 so far. I disable Variable timing and turn off all the codes for camshaft. Tey run fine no ticking, but when you put the pedal to the floor when driving you get a lot of popping from the exhaust. Not sure if this is a tuning issue. Livernoise tune claims to fix the issue. If I purchase one of their tunes would I be able to read it with HP Tuners and compare the differences between stock tune file?

Quote Originally Posted by Arabseal View Post
    Hey, I installed lockout in about 10 different 5.4 so far. I disable Variable timing and turn off all the codes for camshaft. Tey run fine no ticking, but when you put the pedal to the floor when driving you get a lot of popping from the exhaust. Not sure if this is a tuning issue. Livernoise tune claims to fix the issue. If I purchase one of their tunes would I be able to read it with HP Tuners and compare the differences between stock tune file?
    You would most likely not be able to read a Livernois tune with HPTuners, they almost certainly lock/scramble their tunes.
    2016 Ford Explorer Sport - 3.5L EcoBoost
    2006 Ford F150 Lariat - 5.4L 3V (315,000 miles )

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent_Petersen View Post
    You would most likely not be able to read a Livernois tune with HPTuners, they almost certainly lock/scramble their tunes.
    What Happenes if i load the livernoise tune, then read it with hp tuners?

No one knows probably.There's no telling what they have done to the file, they very easily could have made it unreadable. Most people won't offer advice on how to take someone elses tunes in hopes of using the data for resale. I remember seeing a few other threads made on tuning for cam lockouts on 5.4's, try finding those. I usually don't get good results from the forum's search function, so I usually just use google.
    Last edited by AKDMB; 10-07-2016 at 07:33 PM.