Thread: Really need help with tune please!!

Potential Tuner

Really need help with tune please!!

Hi Everybody: I'm new here and I have a '06 GTO that I recently finished up doing HCI and long tubes on - car also has a vigilante 3600 stall and upgraded one piece drive shaft and half shafts. I've been using hptuners for a short while and had good luck with it when I had a stockish car. When I first started the car with the new mods I had a lot of surging at idle and stalling. I did some research and was able to get the car to run a lot better, but it still has some issues. I'm still getting some surging at idle when it's cold and when I'm slowing down from freeway speed. It returns to a fairly stable idle when I'm about 20 mph. Also, the car is running rich as I had to turn up the idle air and then increase the maf and VE settings to overcome the stalling problem. Additionally, I'm having issues with the TCC settings. I still have the factory settings and sometimes I can be driving for several minutes at a minimum of at least 60 mph before the TC will lock. If I have the cruise control set the TC will lock and unlock as the car needs to increase rpm to maintain speed. I considered setting the TCC so the converter can't lock but that would do away with a feature that is important for the car to have. There must be a way to set it so it will function correctly and lock and unlock in a regulated way with the converter being so loose. I have an LC1 that I didn't hook up for this log but will do that hopefully this weekend. I'm just wondering if anyone can please look at my tune and log and either make some adjustments or please tell me specifically what to adjust so I can get to a better tune and make the car more drivable in the interim. Any help would be GREATFULLY appreciated - thanks in advance!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

If you haven't retuned your VE and MAF curve for the cam/headers/intake change you need to start there.

I would return your knock sensor settings back to stock too, with the way you have them set up you will pretty much never show any knock because you have just about disabled the feature. Maxing the decay rate and increasing the knock sensor initial level isn't a smart thing to do.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Ok thanks for the reply-I will lower the knock sensors back to 450 and change decay and then try retuning. I did change both VE and maf. I had stft's of about 15 to 20 upon starting up. I got them now where they typically run from -5 to -6 to about 1. Better, but still a lot of fluctuations. I still get some surging at idle til it gets warmed up. I need to figure that out. Thanks for your input-I appreciate the pointers.