Thread: 2.5 Bar OS necessary for boosted 2011(e38)?

2.5 Bar OS necessary for boosted 2011(e38)?

Is this something that is suggest when being boosted? Tables such as the spark table only go up to 1.36 grams on the factory OS. Also, under OS I don't even see the patch for the 2.5 bar OS in my tune file. Is it not offered on the 2011 e38 trucks or just not needed? I do see manifold vacuum boost patch though.

Senior Tuner
    you can change the map sensor and scaling for it and be fine. You can also change the axis as well for timing.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Tuner
    You can edit the x y axis. Open table -->Select Column/Row --> Edit --> Make changes -->Close & reopen table.

You can make the spark airmass go up a whole lot higher. Just click on the axis. It'll go up over 4 g/cyl. You aren't going to exceed that.

VE table with the 2 bar OS will actually go up to 255kpa. By default it's set to 175 but you can change that too.

If there isn't an upgraded OS available then use the virtual VE editor. edit-->virtual VE. Click on the MAP axis and you can change it to 1/2/3 bars, whatever you need it to be.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
    you can change the map sensor and scaling for it and be fine. You can also change the axis as well for timing.
    No, don't do this.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    No, don't do this.
    Why is that? Say someone puts a blower on a car and it comes with a zr1 map, or 3 bar map sensor.

Or say the car is registering 2.0 g/cyl. You could then go change the axis on the timing tables to interpolate between x and y to achieve a range to work with this.

{maybe i should have gone into better detail. :shrugs:}

You made it sound like you wanted to manipulate the MAP sensor reading to it showed say 1 bar instead of 2, etc., which would be a no-no (and no real reason to). Or at least that's how I interpreted it.

Changing the map sensor and it's settings to match and also changing the axis's to whatever you need them to be is perfectly fine/normal, no issues there

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    You made it sound like you wanted to manipulate the MAP sensor reading to it showed say 1 bar instead of 2, etc., which would be a no-no (and no real reason to). Or at least that's how I interpreted it.

Changing the map sensor and it's settings to match and also changing the axis's to whatever you need them to be is perfectly fine/normal, no issues there
    oh no. that will just wreak havoc with the car and piss it off. amazing what happens when a decimal is in the wrong place.

I didn't go into enough detail about it.