Thread: 5.3 DOD disable HELP!

Potential Tuner

5.3 DOD disable HELP!

I have a 2007.5 Tahoe that had a DOD lifter fail. The DOD delete was done, and I disabled the DTC codes & master DOD setting, but it's still defaulting to 4 cylinder mode. What did I miss because I'm at a loss, and I've been searching the forums for about 2 hours, and haven't found a answer. I attached the file below any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Files Attached Files

The master disable is really all you have to do, if you wrote the file to the car and it didn't work then just disable it by gear and PRNDL.

Set the 3th and 4th gear to 1 to disable it and same with the PRNDL, set those to 1 for D3 and D4.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    JRane,

Did you also change the cam to a non-DOD cam? I just finished my DoD delete and everything went perfect. Find my file attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    The master disable is really all you have to do, if you wrote the file to the car and it didn't work then just disable it by gear and PRNDL.

Set the 3th and 4th gear to 1 to disable it and same with the PRNDL, set those to 1 for D3 and D4.
    Which trans settings are those?

Quote Originally Posted by thxone View Post
    JRane,

Did you also change the cam to a non-DOD cam? I just finished my DoD delete and everything went perfect. Find my file attached
    Yes I changed the cam out as well.

They aren't transmission settings, they are DoD settings under the DoD enable/disable box.

You must be in advanced view to see everything. Edit > view.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    They aren't transmission settings, they are DoD settings under the DoD enable/disable box.

You must be in advanced view to see everything. Edit > view.
    I'll try that & see if it works. Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Hi, what could go wrong if i disable DOD only and no modification being done on the Engine??????. I thought it will just prevent the engine from running in 4 cylinder mode.

Quote Originally Posted by alsediri85 View Post
    Hi, what could go wrong if i disable DOD only and no modification being done on the Engine??????. I thought it will just prevent the engine from running in 4 cylinder mode.
    Nothing could really go wrong, tons of people just disabled the DoD in the tune and do nothing else. It just keeps it in V8 mode all the time. All the DoD/AFM parts will still be in the engine and someday could fail still but the chances are less if they aren't being used anymore.