Thread: Request assistance on very rich idle

Potential Tuner

Request assistance on very rich idle

Greetings,
    I purchased a 2000 T/A with a modified LS1 (799 Heads, Cam, Long Tubes) and unfortunately there was no build data with the car. It has a tune and runs decent however it seems to run very rich at idle/startup.

I pulled a cold start log file of the car, and I am trying to determine if it's the tune or if the O2s are on their way out.

I've attached the log file and the tune and would appreciate any thoughts or feedback of where to start.

EDIT:
    Stock 2000 LS1 Injectors
    Cam specs are unknown

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by race4beer; 10-03-2016 at 11:25 AM.

Something is for sure off with those o2 sensors, be it wiring or both are slowly failing.

They don't switch much and stay very low on mv for long periods of time and the STFT are having to make huge corrections.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Something is for sure off with those o2 sensors, be it wiring or both are slowly failing.

They don't switch much and stay very low on mv for long periods of time and the STFT are having to make huge corrections.
    That's what I was wondering, it seems they are out of range until the STFT brings in enough fuel that they start reading in range, but that's an uneducated guess at this point. I am thinking that a wideband would tell the tale, just haven't gotten to the point of getting one yet.

Potential Tuner
    Update:
    Idle Air was higher than I would have expected and idle timing was 35 degrees

Dropped Idle air and reduced idle timing to 12 degrees and my eyes no longer burn from the NOX at idle. It's surging a little, but I will chip away at that.

Just wondering, what will you do to chip away at the surging? I have the same problem....also rpm's dip way too low at times.