Thread: Transient fuel setting?

Tuner in Training

Transient fuel setting?

Is there a setting in transient fuel tab that will help with throttle response and lag/hiccuping when hard acceleration is made at lower RPM's?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    yes, you can adjust manifold volume
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuning Addict
    Only adjust it if it's a lean out issue during stomps or more rarely - overly rich during stomps... This won't do anything for timing being pulled out during stomps...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Is that the only tab to adjust?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    you need to post a log of whats going on, the issue will be more clear
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

So the manifold volume only impacts stomp lag? I was hoping it also would help with lean tip in on light throttle as well.

My understanding is that manifold volume impacts on all transient fueling through a mathematical model, tip-in and tip-out included, so I would suggest getting it right first and then continuing with other parameters if needed.

where is manifold volume located in the editor?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew1988 View Post
    where is manifold volume located in the editor?
    fuel transient section, u may still have to request it also if u cant see it

Advanced Tuner
    Anyone know how Tranisent Fueling differs on the E40? We don't have a Manifold Volume parameter. I have increased Transient Warmup Base Mass from the stock value of 10 to 500 (currently) and still have lean spikes doing major throttle transitions - enough that there is a hesitation before fueling catches up

Tuning Addict
    Mind posting your tune - it can be a base file - doesn't have to be your current tune... I thought all gen 4's had this capability and just needed to be requested? I know it's not available on gen 3's...

IF it's indeed not available all you have to do is modify your main transient table - it's actually not that hard to do...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Mind posting your tune - it can be a base file - doesn't have to be your current tune... I thought all gen 4's had this capability and just needed to be requested? I know it's not available on gen 3's...

IF it's indeed not available all you have to do is modify your main transient table - it's actually not that hard to do...
    Sure. I don't have my computer with me, so the latest file I have is from a backup from two months ago
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by HackAbuse View Post
    Sure. I don't have my computer with me, so the latest file I have is from a backup from two months ago
    Have you tried requesting it? I just double checked and some of my E40 cals have the manifold volume... You may just need to request it from HP Tuners... If it's not available I can tell you what to roughly change...

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    Have you tried requesting it? I just double checked and some of my E40 cals have the manifold volume... You may just need to request it from HP Tuners... If it's not available I can tell you what to roughly change...
    What's the parameter number on the E40s you've seen it on? I requested for #12003

Quote Originally Posted by HPTunersSupport
    Hi,

Unfortunately parameter 12003 - Intake Manifold Volume doesn't exist in the E40 controller.

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by HackAbuse View Post
    What's the parameter number on the E40s you've seen it on? I requested for #12003
    Well I guess I'm going blind Just went back and looked at the ones I thought were E40's, only they were E38's

Anyway, under transient fueling - impact factor - gas - start at around 80kpa and multiply that entire row by 1.1 then next row 1.2 then next row 1.3... That should get you much closer for a boosted application. If your not boosted, multiply by 1.05, 1.1 and 1.15... Do the same to the evap factor table for gas as well since they kind of go hand and hand - they'll both add fuel, so keep that in mind on how much you increase them by... I've never messed with the accel/decal table even though I imagine that could do something for decels?

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    Well I guess I'm going blind Just went back and looked at the ones I thought were E40's, only they were E38's

Anyway, under transient fueling - impact factor - gas - start at around 80kpa and multiply that entire row by 1.1 then next row 1.2 then next row 1.3... That should get you much closer for a boosted application. If your not boosted, multiply by 1.05, 1.1 and 1.15... Do the same to the evap factor table for gas as well since they kind of go hand and hand - they'll both add fuel, so keep that in mind on how much you increase them by... I've never messed with the accel/decal table even though I imagine that could do something for decels?

I'll give it a shot when I get the car driving again. Having an issue with clutch hydraulics not bleeding properly right now and I'm worried the master cylinder is shot. May have to wait until spring so I can ditch the T56 for a 4L80

Advanced Tuner
    Got the trans working well again and tested transients out today the way you described. Reset all transient values back to stock then applied a similar scheme to what you described with an increase of 25% at the uppermost bound. That one adjustment made it VERY close. So that seems to be the trick for the E40. I had been on the right track previously, but was changing the wrong values and not making it any better. Thanks again

Tuning Addict
    Just a few easy rules to remember on transients... First don't change them where you typically drive or idle - I don't go any lower than 80kpa now - it will change the air fuel at which your wanting to run - in other words you increase it with something like a cam for instance where your rpm fluctuates up and down from the natural lope - it will idle at a richer air fuel ratio then lean back out at lower map values like where you cruise - I had one idling at a 14.1 afr doing this then cruising at a 14.7ish afr Secondly - don't recommend changing individual cells or sections from the left to right - only change vertical lines as a unison of those map kpa cells... Third - if you change an entire table from another OE tune - make sure you change all of the transient tables from that OE tune - you can wind up with all sorts of really lean tip in conditions or other problems...

Follow the basics - use them to your advantage how you will and you should be OK

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    Just a few easy rules to remember on transients... First don't change them where you typically drive or idle - I don't go any lower than 80kpa now - it will change the air fuel at which your wanting to run - in other words you increase it with something like a cam for instance where your rpm fluctuates up and down from the natural lope - it will idle at a richer air fuel ratio then lean back out at lower map values like where you cruise - I had one idling at a 14.1 afr doing this then cruising at a 14.7ish afr Secondly - don't recommend changing individual cells or sections from the left to right - only change vertical lines as a unison of those map kpa cells... Third - if you change an entire table from another OE tune - make sure you change all of the transient tables from that OE tune - you can wind up with all sorts of really lean tip in conditions or other problems...

Follow the basics - use them to your advantage how you will and you should be OK
    The first time I actually tried making transient changes, I actually flooded the engine so bad during cranking that it wouldnt turn over, so I know how sensitive some of those changes can be lol.