Thread: Unique noob - LT1 Turbo w/LS ignition

Unique noob - LT1 Turbo w/LS ignition

This is my first post here so please bare with me. I have always wanted learn how to tune so this is my first big stab at trying to. I have never tuned an EFI car before or used HP. With all the various tables that are in HP I am trying to gain knowledge and understanding of them.

I have been trying to create a repository of links, tune files and countless youtube videos so I can expand my knowledge. The largest hurdle is that I am afraid to make changes on my own because I do not want to damage my enginel. Thing is, I dont know exactly "what" to change.

Short background is that I have built my 97 LT1 turbo Trans Am from the ground up myself and it has been a great learning experience. But with me dumping all this money into it, I'd like to protect my investment. I converted my LT1 ignition system so that I could have local tuners tune my setup and so I could also make changes when needed.

Upon startup, the car runs for maybe 3 - 4 seconds. I think it has something to do with the injector pulse and the stock file thinks im running 22lbs injectors when I am running ID1300s. I really need help guys! I will also attach the stock file and the brief startup log too.

So here's a rundown on my vehicle:

Engine: Lt1/383, 4 bolt main, forged internals (Scat crank, Scat H beam rods, Mahle pistons), 215cc TFS heads (ARP studed, Cometic gaskets), 10:5 compression, .44 Quench, 226/226 565/565 114LSA Lunati turbo cam, 1.6 RRs, Ported stock intake, MSD 3 bar Map, no a/c

Fuel: Squash Performance Dual intank 450lph, -8 feed and return, Aeromotive boost referenced FPR, ID1300s on E85

Ignition: LS 0411 PCM converted from Opti fart, LS1 coils, BR7ef plugs, Accel 300+ plug wires

Induction: Billet S480 T6, 1.10a/r, 96mm turbine, 2.5 crossover, dual 44mm gates, FMIC, 4" down pipe, 50mm BOV

Boost management: AMS500 V2 (Looks and operates identical to the AMS1000), AFR500 wideband, HPT Pro

Trans: Th400 w/brake, 3000 stall, B&M pro ratchet shifter

Suspension: Viking coilovers all 4 corners, BMR tunnel mount torque arm, Founders lower control arm, BMR k member, 3 point UMI subframe connectors, founders adjustable panhard bar

Drivetrain: Moser 12 bolt, 33 spline, 3.42 gears, 3" Driveshaft Unlimited steel shaft (lol) 15x4 skinnies and 15x10 Billet Specialties 27" 10.5s Mickeys (Will upgrade to 28s)

So any guidance into the right direction would be great as I need a lot of help! Anything you guys could do to help me get on the road would be deeply appreciated!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

No one can help?

Advanced Tuner
    Ill take a short stab. Honestly I haven't looked at your log and tune yet. Always First make for damn sure your injector data is correct. Then make sure your map liner&offset tables are correct for that msd 3 Bar sensor your using. Upgrade to a 2 or 3 bar speed density o.s. (operating server). After this i would definitely make the VE table rich in all your part throttle and boost areas. Now that iv'e typed all this i will say there are some who would say tune the idle first. Personally I believe its the smart thing to do. maybe someone else will chime in. Im not to knowledgeable with boosted applications honestly, so read at your own risk.

Firing order!!! Then injector data. Everything is built on injector data.

The LT1 uses the SBC order and the LS1 does not.

LT1 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

LS1 1-8-7-2-6-5-4-3

http://www.lsenginediy.com/gm-gen-ii...-firing-order/
    94 BB Rx-7 02 LS1

I have added the correct injector data and I have changed the values to accommodate for the 3 bar map sensor. Scared to change the values in the VE table. If I had a theory or formula to go by, then I would do it

Advanced Tuner
    If im not mistaken your going to have to populate the ve table since your os upgrade. when you go to a speed density o.s. sometimes the ve table isn't populated at all. Which seems to be the case in you tune.
    Last edited by Oleblu; 10-06-2016 at 10:20 AM. Reason: typo