Thread: E85 Sensor Placement and compatible Orings

E85 Sensor Placement and compatible Orings

Figured I'd post this here since plenty of folks look to HPT to setup E85 on a car that wasn't factory and this is nothing new to people on here.

So, 2010 LS3 Camaro, Stock Whipple 2.9L kit fuel rails and rubber hoses, etc. Installed the E85 sensor to a spot I cant help but think is absolute perfect, except for the amount of engine heat and vibration though it's isolated by the fuel rail. All factory locations I see are by the tank, along the frame next to or behind the trans (on trucks) and that's about it. Some put it at the front engine bay GM disconnect near the frame rail, right above the exhaust manifold, but then it's a restriction feeding all injectors and gets blasted by heat. I placed mine on one of the crossover tubes on the far fuel rail, this tube is fed front and back by 3/8 hose, so really it's a low flow area, about 1/4 of the fuel flow compared to the main 3/8" line feeding both rails.. plus it can measure E85 right at the far fuel rail with no delay, and it should measure most accurate fuel temp though HPT and maybe E38 doesn't support that I don't believe.. perfect right? Pic below.

Whipple rails have the stock 3/8" GM disconnects fronts and backs connected together by what look like rubber hoses, they are black. The Whipple O-rings are brown, I bought Russel Viton Orings since I was ordering fittings and cheap and they are black, both shown in picture.

Just wondering what peoples thoughts about placement and E85 with factory/Whipple brown O-rings/hoses are. Are the black Viton really worth it? ARe stock fuel system parts ok? Are the Whipple hoses/orings ok?

2016 9-28 Whipple Rail E85 Oring.JPG

2016 9-28 Whipple Rail E85 Placement.jpg
    Last edited by 10_SS; 09-30-2016 at 11:26 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Senior Tuner
    looks like a good spot then u can zero out any time delays for the change in ethanol percent so it updates instantly, id say the orings and other items will be fine in E85 it's not as bad as some people make out, hope ur got some big injectors in it

The sensor has been shown to not be a restriction.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!