Thread: Please fix my tune! Need idle help.

Potential Tuner

Please fix my tune! Need idle help.

Hello hope all is well. I have a 98 c5 corvette. Only mod I had was a vortech supercharger. The tune I currently have in the ecm made the car run great. How ever I added a high rise intake from an LS3 engine. I'm using an ls1 throttle to run this engine. Yes probably small how ever the car is my brothers and cost was a factor. That being said. The new intake I think is sucking in too much air and throwing off the idle really bad. Only way to keep the car running is if I modulate the gas pedal. Once I let go of the gas the car stalls out. What's a good starting point in my HP tuners to attack this idle issue? The car is a MAF tune and still using ls1 oem map sensor too. its has 60 lbs injectors as well as a blow off valve. only thing on this set up that was changed was the intake.

I attached my tune file. This car I tuned my self about 3 years ago I'm a novice but I understand the concept of air fuel ratio and boost. I also under stand the program for the most part. IF any one can look at the file and help you will be a hero!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I can't see the tune in my phone, but I am running a Holley hi ram, stock truck dbw throttle body,and ID1000. Without being able to look at the tune, did you set all your injector data properly? I had injectors and no data and couldn't get my truck to stay running without lying to it. They were 105lb injectors but I had to tell the truck they were 83lb, then it would stay running. Once it was running though tuning the idle was a pain afterwards. I'm not good with the base running airflow stuff but that could be another factor.

Potential Tuner
    Bump!

Senior Tuner
    So you are trying to use a rectangular port intake on cathedral port heads?