Thread: need help with SC v6 LLT

need help with SC v6 LLT

hey guys im not a tuner but wanted to see if some one could look at my log and tune to see what can be adjusted im still in the early stages on tuning this thing and needed a second opinion.. top end feels good but low rpm say 1500-3000 feels hesitant and not smooth like its stuttering if that makes sense.. dont go by the plx boost pid its not correct thats another project im trying until my new boost gauge gets here.. anyways
    Last edited by tlavoie87; 10-26-2016 at 03:45 PM.

Post current layout

what do you mean by layout .. on my hp scanner? or what mods done to my car sorry dont wanna sound dumb

Scanner

Layout, not channels

anyone?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    i didnt know this car was a e69 setup... this is easy
    1) maf sensor base to 1.0 the whole thing.
    2) set the whole cat overtemp to 1.0
    3) copy intake and exhaust warm tables and move them into their perspective tables under the cat warmup section.
    4) set base angle factor tables to all 1.0
    5) copy top left ignition advance map and paste it into the remaining 3
    *6) now paste that into the top left optimum torque table
    *7) highlight the whole table and add "10" to start. (this table adjusts the responsiveness of torque demand in a nutshell. there is a pile of data behind it and its not exactly easy to explain, the jist of it is the farther away from commanded ignition the more aggressive the trq request becomes, the closer of further neg it goes from ignition advance the less aggressive the trq request is. thats a very vague description.) This will have to be adjusted to suite the drivers requested pedal feel.

*you dont have to do these steps right away. locking in the rest of the ecu would make playing with this table a lot easier to get an idea on the level of ecu responsive feel.

8) for the lambda lean is mean in a sense as far as di motors go but if you dont have dyno access to verify the afr out put i would taper off around 4500 to around .86 and .85 by 6000 and leave it there. the di motors normally dont like to be pushed richer than 12.4 so .83 at 7k is a little :fat: based on that generalization. Running to :fat: may cause missfires.
    9) set reversion tables to 1.0 you dont need to apply reversion table corrections until the maf base and the base correction have been tuned.
    10) depending on boost levels i would limit ignition to 14* until fueling is corrected and then work it up with a dyno or until it detonates then remove 1.5* from it after detonation.
    11) if you find yourself running out of fuel you can push the max rail pressure up some but dont push it past 18.1 Mpa as it causes injector opening delays and/or irregular spray patterns. You can test your rail pressure limit by raising it until the fuel trims stop moving more negative. raising pressure adds fuel so if you just raise pressure and dont tune it then you can watch the trims go more and more neg until eventually it misfires a cylinder (will throw code or sporadically go mad rich), or the trims will start heading in the positive direction. the pressure at which one of those three scenarios occurs is your max rail pressure fault...from that pressure zone subtract .69 Mpa to achieve your max safe rail pressure.
    12)if this is an automatic car dont forget to remove the traction control features in the transmission settings section as they directly affect the engine performance via the can bus.

to set fueling, tune your maf sensor curve by means of afr error via wideband.
    once thats locked in tight, do the same to the maf base correction table. then you can move into tuning cam angles or ignition advance user preference. (personally if i was planning on moving cams i would do that before ignition to keep it safe. "JM2C")

this should be enough to get you started.

-booster
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

shoot almost forgot....this ecu series is "EXTREMELY" sensitive to rough tables. when you tune make sure you either use the smoothing features or hand smooth rough zones by hand. if stuff doesnt stay smooth the ecu will have a fit and you will be left wondering what is going on.
    good luck

it tunes like a lnf ecotec....look for those tune guides in the 4cyl section..very similar

booster thank you so much for your time.. heres what i got so far if you dont mind taking a peek log and tune
    Last edited by tlavoie87; 10-26-2016 at 03:45 PM.