Thread: trying to learn lambda

Tuner in Training

trying to learn lambda

ok probably dumb question got everything set up to scan lambda for now I have commanded lambda at 1.0 across the board. I am beginning to try and tune ve and I think I can use the pre loaded lambda chart as long as my commanded stays at 1.0. what I am running into and would like to learn or figure out is the preloaded lambda chart will say .98 at idle and my commanded lambda I set up is reading 1.02. I know it is simple because its very close across the board if eq says 1.03 my lambda error will say .97 I know its simple and I don't like asking but any help is appreciated
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post your layout also

Also, I don't understand what you're asking.

Commanded lambda stays = 1 that entire log, which I don't necessarily think is a good thing unless you like being lean.
    Last edited by schpenxel; 09-30-2016 at 07:23 PM.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    here is my graph setup. I am no expert just tune on my own truck but everything I have read when ve tuning do I not want a commanded 1? I am commanding a 14.3 afr at 1 I had turned pe and dfco off because I had not figured out my commanded error so I didn't want those throwing off my numbers. I am no expert and please correct me if I am wrong but doing it the way I did I feel good about base ve I am lambda 1 or 14.2-14.4 across the board. I do want to figure out lambda error so I can make some scans and dial in my pe which seems to be real close now.
    thanks for the help
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    For safety sake turn on your PE. You can setup a filter to filter that data.

For VE simply make a graph from your VE table X & Y axis. Log EQ Error Ratio under Maths --> Lambda & AFR, you could simply use your Lambda Error graph, just change the parameter to be logged and ensure X & Y axis for the graph are the same as your VE table. In that same graph setup a filter to filter out PE data, you can also take the filtering a lot further but you will need to read up on that.

Quote Originally Posted by hrobb11507 View Post
    here is my graph setup. I am no expert just tune on my own truck but everything I have read when ve tuning do I not want a commanded 1? I am commanding a 14.3 afr at 1 I had turned pe and dfco off because I had not figured out my commanded error so I didn't want those throwing off my numbers. I am no expert and please correct me if I am wrong but doing it the way I did I feel good about base ve I am lambda 1 or 14.2-14.4 across the board. I do want to figure out lambda error so I can make some scans and dial in my pe which seems to be real close now.
    thanks for the help
    No--the idea is to compare actual lambda from a WB vs. commanded lambda and correct accordingly. Making it just a flat 1 makes the math look easy, but HPTuners does the math for you so you're just running it too lean for nothing.

I added some stuff to your charts so that it has commanded lambda, wideband lambda and lambda error.

If you post your tune I can show you how to make a graph which is really what you need.

Test.Layout.xml
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock