Thread: Frustrated with HP tuners... Need AEM UEGO wideband help

Frustrated with HP tuners... Need AEM UEGO wideband help

Ok so I looked at all the reviews, and tutorials available when I decided to buy a tuning setup. Ended up going with HPtuners... So far, I am not impressed, as I have 3.X version. Most of the tutorials are invalid for this version. It is really a pain in the ass spending 3 hours searching and reading all about histograms, and looking for them, and searching, and feeling like you are an idiot.... only to find out that they are now called GRAPHS, and right in front of you.

Ok now that I have aired out that issue....

I bought an AEM UEGO. I installed it in the truck, all works perfectly on the gauge. I connected the white 0-5 volt signal wire to the #1 (top position) on the supplied green connector. I plugged that in to the HPtuners pro module. I got into the scanners, and added the channel for the MVPI external input and used the pre defined settings for the appropriate AEM system.

As far as I can tell.... It does not show up on the line chart, or have a gauge in the display on the VCM scanner. I do see (MVPI.1 (V)) listed on the chart... but it shows no value when connected to the vehicle and scanning. If i hover the mouse over the "channels" tab, and let it expand, It does show in the list, and while connected to the truck, and scanning, it shows the values for AFR to the right of it on the list.

What am I missing? how do I get it to show up on either a gauge, or on the line chart so I can log it and tune with it.

I have spent more time reading things that no longer apply to this version of HPtuners than I care to admit, and I am NOT HAPPY about it.

Can some one please steer me in the right direction on this? I have attached the layout file..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    the earth for the wideband should also be connected to the earth input in green connector, there are some tutorials for setting up wb in 3.2 http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...tarted-Threads

Maybe I missed something, and I just triple checked it, and its all good as far as I can tell.

As far as grounding the wideband to the green connector... The wide band has only 4 wires available to hook it to the vehicle. Black=ground, red=+12v, Blue=serial, White=0-5v signal.

The black ground from the AEM is hooked to the Chassis, and there is no extra ground to hook to the MVPI pro unit. Should I just connect that to chassis ground also? I have read about and watched plenty of videos where this is NOT done, and the systems work great.

Senior Tuner
    u will notice if u need the earth or not, i had a signal in for fuel pump duty but no earth and the signal just goes nuts like a squiggle everywhere then when earth is hooked in works fine, most analogue signals need a earth if it's not earthed in thru the module from the vehicle itself so if u have gone wb earth to chassis I'd also go chassis to the green plug earth or the earth straight from wb module to green earth also
    Last edited by 07GTS; 09-30-2016 at 07:30 AM.

The sensor is talking to the scanner just fine, I can not get it to display on the chart. The value is visible in the channels, and matches the gauges output. I need to get it to display in the chart, so I can log it.

The displaying of the value in the chart is the issue.

Post a log and your current layout and I'll fix it.

Your current layout has you trying to add the external input VOLTAGE to the chart. That isn't what you want. You want the actual wideband reading, so that is what you have to select..

Search for AEM in the list of parameters instead, select the gear icon w/green check mark up at the top to filter out stuff that you can't use, double click on whichever parameter is left. And that should do it. It may ask about using a generic sensor instead of the specific one, either answer will work for this application.

If you can post a log I can do it real quick.
    Last edited by schpenxel; 09-30-2016 at 08:57 AM.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Thanks, I appreciate the help. I will post my log file and layout.

My tune was done by a local guy, and I get 8 degrees of knock retard, and 107% injector duty cycle at 6000 rpms. I want to correct it so I can drive it and not blow it up.

I was told getting a wideband was the way to go. I am looking forward to this working so I can get started!

widenamd take one million.Layout.xmlfirst wideband 224r.hplLBT with FFDP changes trans changes +2.5% speedo.hpt

Just tried what you mentioned. Headed out to plug it in now and give it a try

This should get you started. I took the liberty of moving some stuff around and changing some colors to be more like what I usually use.

You need to add mass airflow frequency to the list of channels you are logging.

Note: The wideband readings do not look correct to me. They are reading quite a bit leaner than the factory narrowband O2 sensors, so I would try to figure out what is going on there first.

Do the readings in HPT match the gauge for that wideband?

widenamd take one million and one.Layout.xml
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Yes the gauge readings and the value on HPT seem to match pretty closely.

I will give your config a shot. I really appreciate the help.