Thread: 2011 CTSV high RPM surge question after pulley, CAI, thermostat

Tuner in Training

2011 CTSV high RPM surge question after pulley, CAI, thermostat

Good evening everyone after about 8 years I once again have a tuner! I have a 2011 CTS-V I installed 2.55 pulley, isolator, 160 thermostat and Cold air intake. I did a test run just now and I get a surge in 3rd gear or higher after 3500 RPM. Could it just be a lean condition? Maf reading bounces around which lead me to check every ring clamp on the intake kit but nothing is loose. I haven't connected a wideband yet still in the mail somewhere. I copied a tune I found on here for torque management, timing and PE to try and get a base tune and it helped ever so slightly with the surge. Any help is appreciated!CTSV modified tune changed low and high octane tables and PE.hpttest run.hpl

Potential Tuner
    TM_Supercharger.jpg

Here is my TM/Supercharger settings. 8.6-2.45 pulleys

Need to bump up Boost Disable- Map Enable & Map Disable setting as you are hitting those in the log. Might want to work on your Fuel Pressure as well to get it to come in sooner.

DJ
    Last edited by RPOWU8; 09-29-2016 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Mo Info

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RPOWU8 View Post
    TM_Supercharger.jpg

Here is my TM/Supercharger settings. 8.6-2.45 pulleys

Need to bump up Boost Disable- Map Enable & Map Disable setting as you are hitting those in the log. Might want to work on your Fuel Pressure as well to get it to come in sooner.

DJ
    Thanks I just realized I had it in basic instead of advanced! I found all the tables for what was mentioned above I couldn't see b4 car runs great! now only thing left is to stick on the wideband.

Add knock retard and your injector information to your logs too, you'll want to know those things.

Knock is bad and running out of fuel is even worse.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Make sure you log those IAT2's as well. Timing looked a little low, could be IAT2's pulling timing though, but work your way up slowly.

Rich gets to race another day.!!

DJ

CTSV-3.Channels.xml
    CTSV3.Layout.xml