Thread: Having trouble with licensing

Having trouble with licensing

Hello,

I've sent an email to support with my situation but would like to see if anyone has run into this problem on 3v or 3.2.xxxv.

I've the gen 3 car tuner shop license which would make all gen 3 cars not require licensing the ecu anymore with that package. recently on 2 cars now, both P01 ecus, one on a 2000 camaro and one on a 2003 corvette, it asked me to license these cars even thought I had at both times the newest version of 3.2 installed and the gen 3 tunershop license package.

I will attach this 2000 camaro read of the ecu that I'm having a problem with when it comes to licensing. Is this a glitch with 3.2 as I should not have to buy credits for this ecu.

Thanks!
    Kag
    Attached Files Attached Files

well problem is the OS in the 2000 camaro is a 2002 camaro OS and somehow breaks the Gen 3 unlimited license I have. I know in the pasted ive done cars with mix match OS for the years with no problems, it seems under the new firmware the licensing is more strict and literal, and cannot have OS from any other year without making the Gen 3 unlimited license moot.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    previous versions wouldn't even allow you to license a 2000 vin paired with a 2002 os, 3.x allows you to do a single vcm license for them.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"