Thread: Cylinder charge temp bias

Cylinder charge temp bias

Ok I am currently running in OLSD just to dial in my VE, when my truck sits and idles after awhile my IATs climb to around 135 or so. My truck leans out to around 16-17:1, I have been reading about the charge temp bias and changing it. Currently i have the bias disabled, my IAT sensor is in the intake, it's a Holley hi ram(cast aluminum). I know the extra heat is coming from the intake, do I need to mess with correcting this? I will be going back to closed loop speed density once I'm done dialing in the VE table. Once I'm in closed loop it is able to keep the AFR in line but I'm wondering do I need to adjust the bias for OLSD since I'm going back to CLSD? Or just deal with it till I go back to CLSD? Is there a good thread on how to setup the cylinder charge temp bias? I have read a lot about it but not sure which way I should set it up. I read that if the iat is moved that you should run it disabled. I obviously need more fuel when it heats up this much but I'm not sure where to adjust it to add more fuel for the higher IAT.

I would move the IAT sensor to the air inlet tube near the air filter.The factory had it in the MAF sensor.It should read the incoming air temp, not the engine temp.Excessive IAT will lead to AF ratio problems along with timing,knock and other issues.

Sorry forgot to mention this is a turbo vehicle that's why I chose the intake as my location. I was looking at a zr1 tune and noticed they have 2 IAT sensors, what's the reasoning

Quote Originally Posted by JHForman View Post
    Sorry forgot to mention this is a turbo vehicle that's why I chose the intake as my location. I was looking at a zr1 tune and noticed they have 2 IAT sensors, what's the reasoning
    One is in the normal location in the MAF and the second is under the LID showing true Intake air temp after the roots has done its thing...

ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Is one for idle airflow and the other for fueling off idle or under boost ? Like I said my issue only arises after its been sitting and the cast aluminum intake has heated the air up. So is the bias table what I should be adjusting for this problem? Or leave it turned off and deal with it ? Like I said I'll be going back to CLSD once I'm done