Thread: Can I put 12v signal into hp pro

Can I put 12v signal into hp pro

I've got a snow performance 2 stage water meth setup in my car
    Can I put a 12v signal into mvpi so I can log when each stage kicks in or will it damage the unit if I do ????
    2013 GEN F GTS (the stormtrooper)
    mods- BTR stg3 cam, pac valve springs, harrop intake, ID850s, forced induction interchiller, 2.55 upper/9.17 lower pullys, snow performance water/meth injection, defillipo 3" catback, cat delete pipes, built and tuned by me

The interface only accepts 0-5v inputs. Are you using a progressive controller or just an on-off switch to toggle your injection?
    2016 Ford Explorer Sport - 3.5L EcoBoost
    2006 Ford F150 Lariat - 5.4L 3V (315,000 miles )

It's a progressive controller

Quote Originally Posted by ants-gts View Post
    It's a progressive controller
    I'm sure someone has figured out a simple way to do it, but the only think I can think of right now is to build a PWM to analog (low-pass) filter that would smooth out the pulses, and then resistors to get the voltage range down to 0-5v.
    2016 Ford Explorer Sport - 3.5L EcoBoost
    2006 Ford F150 Lariat - 5.4L 3V (315,000 miles )

HPT only recognizes 0-5V. Whether it'll fry something if you try to go higher, I have no idea. I wouldn't try it.

Was just a brain fart lol
    I will leave it be

You could run the 12V signal into a micro-relay as the trigger, and then have the signal/feed side send 5V (from an underhood 5V source) to the MPVI. That is assuming you have any unused 5V sources available. Alternatively you could use a pressure transducer(s) inline that accepts 12+V in, and puts out a 1-5V signal(s). These are the ones I use to log my fuel pressure: http://www.motorsportsinnovations.co...B_Pressure.htm Part Number: WB-762

Otherwise you are SOL and stuck using resistors as previously suggested.
    '15 Colorado Z71 | '07 TrailBlazer SS | '87 Monte Carlo SS | '80 Lemans Wagon

The Honeywell PX2 line of pressure sensors have served me well, even with meth.. I've never had one go out. They have about every combination of thread, pressure range and output type that you can come up with, and they're about $70... Personally I just put one of those on my meth system, gave it a 5V in from one of the coils and ran the 0-5V out back to HPT and called it a day. Has worked fine for well over a year.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock