Thread: 06 Cobalt VVT Manual Trans Idle Surge

Angry 06 Cobalt VVT Manual Trans Idle Surge

Ecotech Sand Rail starts and runs fine except idle surges after idling for about 30 seconds. WOT is great. eee datalog is a wide open throttle acceleration run. Fuel system is all new with 58psi pressure and clean filter. Engine is new including all sensors. Throttle body is spotlessly clean. Zero vacuum leaks and header gaskets are new.

Speed density due to this is in a sand rail and don't want to constantly cleaning it on dunes.

Suggestions??
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by aknovaman; 09-26-2016 at 09:41 PM.
    AkNovaMan
    '99 Jaguar XJ8 turbocharged 6.0L 4L80e
    '99 B4C Police Camaro '96 9C1 Police Caprice

Advanced Tuner
    This is the wrong section for Cobalts. I see you posted in the proper section too, so this is kind of a duplicate post.

Dang fat fingers. I will try to move or create an new post over there.
    AkNovaMan

I don't understand 'speed density due to this being a sand rail and don't want to constantly cleaning it on dunes'. If you aren't running an air filter running in sand you will have bigger problems than a dirty maf sensor. Otherwise the maf goes between the air filter and throttle body.

The large aluminum tank behind the seats contains a large air filter. It's foolish not to run a filter. The maf is still physically in the system because we are using the integrated inlet air temp sensor for now till we get it all sorted out.

Idle is fixed by using a 06 cobalt map instead of an 08 map.

Evans won't turn off once activated till car is shut off. Scanner can turn them off and on but they continuously run once enabled by rising coolant temp. That's the only thing left to sort out.
    AkNovaMan