Thread: An auto update feature.

Tuner in Training

An auto update feature.

I was wondering if there are or ever will be plans for an auto software update feature?

Tuner
    this been discussed and won't happen, now when 3.X version is so buggy actually good that they won't add that feature

best regards

Quote Originally Posted by wasyl View Post
    this been discussed and won't happen, now when 3.X version is so buggy actually good that they won't add that feature

best regards
    lol wut?

We do plan to add auto update to the 3.x framework.

Also, 3.2 is very stable. There are no known critical bugs in it, and only a few minor issues we have still pending on our fix list.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...623#post424623 i understand that something changed.

reading how many people have different issues with scanning, editing and RTT, 2.24 is mostly free of them

best regards

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by wasyl View Post
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...623#post424623 i understand that something changed.

reading how many people have different issues with scanning, editing and RTT, 2.24 is mostly free of them

best regards
    Wow, apparently you interpreted Bill's comment differently than I did.

In my humble opinion: version 2.x was cool, but 3.2.x is so much more than 2.x was. In my experience, version 3.2.x has features and vehicle support 2.x didn't have and 3.x has a much more (opinion) user friendly interface. Once I got my head around how 2.25.x / 3.x worked, I haven't even looked at 2.24.x for anything. There is only one feature I actually miss from 2.x to 3.x which is the ability to make marks (more important) and notes while logging for review later. I believe I read that is coming back at some future point.

I'll be honest, I have had some issues with 3.x, but I also had issues with 2.x when it was the current version. The best solution for those issues is one thing - contacting support. I've contacted support so many times over the past several years I can't even say, but they have fixed all the issues I have had and added features and tables when I brought them up. I really have a difficult time saying anything negative about the company or product. In fact, I had two support cases open in the last two weeks and as usual, both issues were resolved quickly.
    I build stuff...

Tuner
    Try to read post where people wait for answer from support even for 2-3 weeks and still no answer even when remainding here ... 2.24 is a stable platform that works, i do play with 3.x too and love some of the features, but still 2.24 is way better especially when it comes to RTT which is most important to me.

best regards

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    lol wut?

We do plan to add auto update to the 3.x framework.

Also, 3.2 is very stable. There are no known critical bugs in it, and only a few minor issues we have still pending on our fix list.
    Awesome, Thanks Keith