Thread: Critique my tune in progress- 6L Turbo

Tuner

Critique my tune in progress- 6L Turbo

G'day guys.

Well i'm slowly getting this tune sorted i think, idle is at a point at the moment that i can live with (given my cam and the amount of overlap it has, it's lumpy but manageable).

I'm wearing away at the VE and getting it somewhere into alignment, still a ways to go though.

Am getting a bit of knock retard but also adjusting my spark tables as i do VE.

Hopefully tomorrow i should have my crank breather system finished and should be able to start on WOT tuning but as yet i have only pushed it into a couple of PSI at the most of boost.

Few questions-
    When cruising at a constant pedal/rpm my AFR will go constantly from about 14.6 to 15.3 (following O2 highs and lows of course), should this be richer, if so how do i change it?
    For a decel filter in my AFR error graph in the scanner i am currently using "[6310]-7" (7 is my decel fuel trim cell), is this the correct way to do it?

If you see something in the log that needs attention before i push it into boost please yell out.

Tuner
    Looks like I've managed to answer my own questions, the way i have been trying to tune the car for the last few weeks has been a waste of time

Back to the drawing board and research.

Tuner
    What did you find Paz.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Codes View Post
    What did you find Paz.
    Mate i'd been scanning in closed loop to try and tune the VE, happened upon some info and worked out I'd been doing it wrong, stupid noobie!

So fast forward to today and after some more runs (open loop of course this time!) I've been chasing my tail with KR, I've been getting anywhere up to about 1.4 deg (sometimes more) and have been reducing my spark tables in the areas where i have been getting the KR (def KR, made sure i had the right channel scanned).

Read a post not long ago that mentioned that anything lowish is of not a really big concern with KR and normal, so how low is lowish, less than say 1.5 to 2deg of KR (talking stock sensor sensitivity as well)?

Log attached (still tuning VE as well).
    Last edited by Paz; 10-07-2016 at 12:49 AM.

Tuner
    Something else i have just thought of, I'm thinking i will need to play with my O2 switching points yes (for when i do run closed loop)?

They've been moved from just behind the old cast manifolds (one each side) to both about 24" from the turbo, thinking i will need to adjust the closed loop proportional and integrator tables?