Thread: List of things to shut off for my application?

Potential Tuner

List of things to shut off for my application?

Hello Guys,

I have a Gen 3 Ls 4.8 that I have crammed into a 1983 944. I have it running but the only thing I have turned off with HPtuners is the VATS. This engine was set up with an automatic and now I'm using the 944 transmission. I have set some codes off initially and I know I need to shut off one set of O2s, EGR stuff, abuse management stuff, etc. A list of DTC would help greatly on what I should turn off among anything else. There are so many that I don't know which ones are the correct ones to shut off. Thanks

P0137 to P0141 are rear o2 sensor codes, set them to no error reported and uncheck the SES boxes. Anything that is related to sensor 2 aka rear o2 sensors.

P0157 to P0161 are the other set for bank 2.

P0400 to like P0463 are all related to EGR, EVAP, CAT DIAG TESTS, FUEL LEVEL SENSORS, if you are not running any of that stuff, set them to no error reported and uncheck the SES boxes.

If you are able to do a segment swap with a manual file for setting up the transmission side, that would be the way to go. Otherwise you can disable all related transmission DTC's and it will still work. We installed a 5.3 into a custom built rock crawler and his OS didn't have a option to use the segment swap feature, so I just disabled all transmission codes and it runs grea still.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for this information it is a huge help and exactly what I was looking for!

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    P0137 to P0141 are rear o2 sensor codes, set them to no error reported and uncheck the SES boxes. Anything that is related to sensor 2 aka rear o2 sensors.

P0157 to P0161 are the other set for bank 2.

P0400 to like P0463 are all related to EGR, EVAP, CAT DIAG TESTS, FUEL LEVEL SENSORS, if you are not running any of that stuff, set them to no error reported and uncheck the SES boxes.

If you are able to do a segment swap with a manual file for setting up the transmission side, that would be the way to go. Otherwise you can disable all related transmission DTC's and it will still work. We installed a 5.3 into a custom built rock crawler and his OS didn't have a option to use the segment swap feature, so I just disabled all transmission codes and it runs grea still.
    Hello, thats a great info for me too. I'm a newbie with HPT so not so easy.
    I'm flashing an LS2 with E40 computer for offroad applications. I tuned of the DTC's about EVAP and downstream sensors but on the VCM Scanner the DTC's are still on. I did the "write entire" flashing procedure but this don't help.

Any suggestion?

I'd have to see the tune file. If the DTC is set to "3 No Error Reported" with no check in the SES box, the light should go out.

There are some codes that might be permanent codes that you can't remove.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.