Thread: Check out my tune!

Tuner in Training

Check out my tune!

Would like some help getting my tune dialed in properly. Its set up to run maf. Engine is a 5.3, cam around 224 (ill have to find my cam card), ls1 intake, stock truck throttle body, stock truck injectors, 1 3/4 headers.

Ive got it running and idleing decent. Been working on VE table a bit, any opinions and help is greatly appreciated, Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Can't open your tune file, possibly corrupt.

Tuner in Training
    Camaro5.3LS1intake-stockfbodytune-bigcamnotorquenoemmission.hpt

Here try this one, Did the scan log work for you?

Tuner in Training
    Yah that tune file is no good, i cant even open it.

When you are tuning your VE table, are you making sure to disable the MAF in the tune?? Like setting the MAF fail high to 0hz and 3 maf dtc's to first error.

VE table needs a little more work still. Also your PE fueling for WOT is very rich, you are still commanding 10.5 AFR and you'd be losing power running that rich.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    thought i was disabling maf but ill double check to make sure,
    I changed the EQ ratio under PE from 3600rpm and up to hopefully command 12.5

Tuner
    The scan log worked yes, as said for VE tuning fail the MAF, also you will tune using corrections to the secondary VE table, then copy that table to the primary table and interpolate between MAP cells in the primary table.

With a stoich of 14.68 you should be using 1.17 EQR for a 12.5:1 PE. Maybe lower your PE Delay RPM a bit more as well for an earlier kick in the pants. For an accurate tune you need "good" data, which I take it you are street tuning? Use steady throttle, varying gears and brake to gather good cell data. Then read up on using filters if you haven't already so as to filter the unwanted data such as transients before making your corrections.

Tuner in Training
    Was able to get in about four hours today in the seat

Just wanna go over my check list to make sure im proceeding correctly

-Disable MAF
    -Disable PE
    -Disable LT fuel trim (im tuning with short terms)
    -log data for short terms
    -copy and paste special into VE primary table ( this is where i think im wrong - How do i copy into the secondary table the cells are different??)

Thanks for all the help so far, i think im making progress lol!

Heres my latest log and tune.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Copy paste special Half into secondary table, copy secondary into primary, interpolate between cells in the primary.

Personally I wouldn't disable PE from a safety point of view, instead use filters to filter any PE data. You can also use LTFT + STFT for tuning, I found I can dial in faster using both, but that is a personal preference.

Under Eng Diag --> DTC's set P0101 P0102 P0103 to Mil on First Error. You can also uncheck SES or leave it, if you leave it checked you will know you have fallen into Speed Density.

Under Engine --> Fuel --> Cutoff,DFCO --> Set DFCO Enable Temp to max to disble DFCO whilst tuning. ( This can also be left on if you have a filter setup to filter that data)

Your RPM fuel cut limits seem high, think safety.
    Last edited by Codes; 09-25-2016 at 08:04 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Ok got the DTCs fixed, im still having trouble copy and pasting to the secondary VE table, only paste special option i get is multiply by % - Half, Shouldnt the be an Add -Half selection??

Tuner
    Paste_Special.png Yep use paste special by half to sneak up on your target.

Tuner in Training
    Well and i couldnt figure out why my changes wernt doing anything, Thanks for the excellent advice codes!

I should be able to get some more seat time towards the end of the week. I will report back with results then, thanks again.

Most people also copy the High Octane timing table and paste it to the Low Octane timing table (just for the VE and MAF tuning faze).

Tuner
    I checked that and it was done already.