Thread: 2008 Silverado speedo "whats the fix"???

2008 Silverado speedo "whats the fix"???

alright all you tuners out there got a speedo problem just like it seems everyone else does on here that change tire size and in researching all of it I still see no real fix? Case in point 08 Silverado 4x4 changed tire size (smaller) all the way around (same size tires) try and correct speedo cal and boom... abs/brake light on. like most I notice that when you change (or correct) for speedo cal it only changes the "rear" speed signal. now I know that the front abs sensors are calibrated in the EBCM. So... how exactly is this signal changed? obviously my fronts are reading fast (smaller tires) when I change PPM to reflect the new tire size trans shifts as normal rear speed matches gps but guess what...warning lights. I can tell you that a tech 2 "CANNOT" change this calibration. I have the latest software from HP Tuners and in general under speedo I see no tab that allows me to modify MILES-ABS. must be for older OS? its not there. what's the real fix so my speedo, 3 wheel speed sensors, and GPS all says the same.
    something this trivial has me pulling my hair out
    ps. I tried modifying just about every table in general with no luck gear ratios,etc... no luck
    thanks
    'one frustrated tuner'
    53 Mercury pickup triton3v V10 supercharged 150 nos 535rwhp
    71 Roadrunner gen 4 viper
    53 Chevy pickup 4x4 5.3L twin turbo

Advanced Tuner
    I am having the same problem. I have spent more time trying to figure this garbage out and searching for solutions than actual tuning on any other vehicle i have owned. They have to be able to do it at the dealer because they put factory 22s on these trucks and SUVs when brand new. I cant imagine it would be legal to sell without adjusting it.
    Last edited by mcfarlnd; 01-04-2017 at 05:17 PM.
    1961 C-10 5.3 NV3500

2007 NNBS ECSB 4.8

Banned
    Na..
    Last edited by Mr. Smith; 01-05-2017 at 03:22 AM.

I know ...it makes no sense! How is it that HP Tuners allows adjustment of the rear speed sensor and not the front? Just about everything has ABS and the computer will only allow 5% difference. Be easier to change it in the ABS module then the PCM. I've tried a G8 controller and a Colorado controller (abs) and both will not talk to the 08 pcm. There's really no tricking it. I have a Tech 2 scan tool with a subscription but you still can't program a module that will work on the truck if it has the wrong part#. Anyone out there have a fix????