Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think my tune is WAY, WAY, WAY off! Need a pro to take a look.

Also, I'm having trouble finding my WOT AFR. Like 5FDP says, it's set at 9.XX...is like to set it to something more realistic.

Senior Tuner
    Fuel:Power Enrich:Power Enrichment: EQ Ratio(Gas) I would set yours to 1.15 myself, but that is up to you. Just a suggestion.Your base air is set way, way too high as well. No way your going to need more than 13g/sec once heated up. You need to run the idle config on it and youll see. In that short scan you did it looks like it actually wants around 12g/sec. I would place a value of 13 under 176* out to top of table. Then 0 the table out from -4 to 140. Highlight the table from -40 to 176* and use the interpolate between horizontal bounds. Ill bet, dollars to doughnuts, you'll get the idle timing down to 19 or 20* when you get your injector issue figured out as well. The amount of idle air its trying to command is just too far above what the PCM can effectively trim for. Throw those values at it and then run the Idle Air Config(Search it on Google with HP Tuners in the search with it, itll come up 5,000 times for you). All of this is really wasting your time until you have your injectors set up I know, but should help make it a little usable in the meantime. Oh man, your going to have problems here. Your EOIT is also still stock. With that cam I say your safe to go to 5.95 in the Normal Table for EOIT(I did not change the colder section of it, just the warmed.) With that EOIT you should feel a little better off the line, and idle will greatly improve. You can move that value, by .1 at a time up and down until you get the best feel of the car.
    I must concur, your tuners have used the existing file to try and tune your rig bud. It's running so you can use it, but they really should have loaded a stock tune and worked from there.
    Last edited by MMGT1; 10-09-2016 at 09:37 PM.
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Like he said, Power enrich > Eq ratio.

It's currently setup like this 14.63/1.474 = 9.92ish AFR at WOT. I'd do like 1.180 = 12.4AFR to start with in that table while you are still getting the tune dialed in. You can lean it out later if you wanted to.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I really appreciate the info guys...I'll make some changes and do some more logging.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Like he said, Power enrich > Eq ratio.
    It's currently setup like this 14.63/1.474 = 9.92ish AFR at WOT. I'd do like 1.180 = 12.4 AFR to start with in that table while you are still getting the tune dialed in. You can lean it out later if you wanted to.
    Quote Originally Posted by CivilSavage View Post
    I really appreciate the info guys...I'll make some changes and do some more logging.
    i will add to this cause i see it all the time. what 5FDP is describing is the table for pe target afr. do not use that table as means of adjustment to hit your target.
    you must set the target you want in the pe table as 5FDP described then use your ve to tune to the target.

ex: if stoich target in ecu is stock 14.68 then a pe target of 1.184 will net you 12.4 afr. if say i had a error of +10% showing in an afr error histogram, then the proper way to correct the issue would be to add 10% to the base ve table where that error occurs. DO NOT add 10% to the pe target value (which in this example i have 1.184).

pe targets are easy to find. locate the stoich value programmed in the ecu. it should be under engine>fuel settings. divide this value by the afr you wish to achieve. the answer to that will be your new target number for your pe table. to enter it into hpt you only need 3 digits after the decimal so anything longer than that you can round down or up. [ex: (stoich / afr desired) = 1.xxxxxxx round up or down to make it 1.xxx]
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

This is great info...much appreciated!

Over a year ago, I took it back to the tuner 3 times for him to try and dial it in...which he couldn't do. He kept saying that it needed more air. On the third try, he even drilled a larger hole in my throttle body blade. That was the last time I ever took it back to him. I have replaced the throttle body since then...so I don't have that larger hole. But yeah, he was just trying to throw more air at it...when all he needed to do was take a look at my injector flow rate. My baby was being choked to death! Lol I can't wait to get new injectors....maybe in a couple days here.

Here is a much longer data log. All I did differently since the last data log is change the injector flow rate to 48.8. It seems a little better....but obviously I still have the sputtering and stumbling problem if I put the pedal down. I noticed that my O2's were maxing out when I'm letting off the gas. Idle seems smoother still....but it hangs most times, and will still dip way too low(almost dieing), then comes back up slowly. But just sitting at an idle it seems more smooth than the 70.7 flow rate settings. I just wanted to give a better data log.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Nevermind that last post...lol. I've realized that I need to be tuning the ve and maf at this point. But my priority is getting a set of injectors first and then doing this all over again. I was looking for some gtp 36 lb. injectors and found something on eBay that just seems way too cheap...but might be exactly what I need? What do you guys think? I feel like I should be paying a lot more than $86 for this upgrade.

Senior Tuner
    Post the link to them, and yes it is possible. Got a great deal on mine, shipped to Canada and all in cost me 140 or 150.
    2000 Trans Am WS6

http://m.ebay.com/itm/162206130030 Forgot to post the link...I guess I was a little tired.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CivilSavage View Post
    Nevermind that last post...lol. I've realized that I need to be tuning the ve and maf at this point. But my priority is getting a set of injectors first and then doing this all over again. I was looking for some gtp 36 lb. injectors and found something on eBay that just seems way too cheap...but might be exactly what I need? What do you guys think? I feel like I should be paying a lot more than $86 for this upgrade.
    i would tune solely the ve. once the new injectors show up, entering in the new data, as long as it is correct, would land a ve table that is very close to what you have now.
    this makes touching up on the ve much shorter and allows you to move onto maf tuning if you just have to have it enabled.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    Just FYI, I got my 36's from ebay, from a seller of reconditioned, they're bosch and have been totally ok, Cost was around 100USD I think, but I forgot the name of the seller, I think they're quite well known though.
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

Senior Tuner
    Get these, the ones you found are knock offs and will be impossible to get data on.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cleaned-Flow...-/331553224677
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Yeah, I figured as much. Thanks for the good info! You guys are awesome and I couldn't have done it without you. Not that I'm finished...but this has been great!

I ordered those injectors from that ebay link(injector-rehab.com is the company name). They failed after 2 weeks and the guy is giving me a hassle for wanting a refund within the 30 day warranty. He has snarky remarks and is trying to hit me with a 20% re-stocking fee. He is also taking his sweet time in responding in the refund process....really dragging this out. Just FYI for anyone who might see this. I would order from someone else.
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6, Forged LS6, Ported LS6 Heads, LS6 BBK Intake, Texas Torquer V3 cam 231/234 .643/.598, Harland Shop Roller Rockers, TSP Hardened Pushrods, Pacesetter Headers, LS7 Lifters, SLP Oil Pump, 3" Exhaust Borla w/cutout, Mahle Pistons w/Hellfire Rings, Forged Eagle Rods, ASP Underdrive Pulley, Rollmaster DBI Timing Chain, LS7 Clutch, BMR Torque Arm/Suspension, 3:73 gears, Pro 5.0 Shifter, ARP 2000 Bolts

That's not what I like to hear. I just installed these injectors in my truck over the weekend. What went wrong with them?
    2000 K2500 - 489 CI Vortec w/ comp XE270 cam - 0411 swap and rear mount turbo
    1972 M35a2
    2011 LML Duramax