Thread: LS1 ECM Running a L98 engine, cold idle issues and stalling

Potential Tuner

LS1 ECM Running a L98 engine, cold idle issues and stalling

Hey all

Been trying to work through some issues with my personal car for a while without much success so thought id come and see what everyone else thought
    Iv done a cold start log and ill add my tune also for a look

What's happening is on a cold start (roughly 26 Degrees Celsius where I live) it may idle if I don't touch the throttle, but as soon as I touch it that's it, no idle or excessively low idle from there onwards until I see operating temps. Also at operating temps it doesn't like been on power steering relief or even under load and tries to cut out.
    Also another weird issue is as soon as its put in reverse and begin moving it drops its idle and tries to die, but its converted from an auto to manual so it shouldn't know its even in reverse apart from the speed sensor.

Iv tried the mechanical options such as another throttle body (its aftermarket cable) another IAC but not brand new, etc

Will be changing the 02 sensors soon as well due to their age (10 years)

Its a 455 rwhp 6lt L98, 5364 square port heads, 96mm throttle body and a 236/248 .612 .612 lift 112 LSA
    If any of you could have a look over the scan and tune, id be extremely grateful, as its doing my head in.
    Appreciate any suggestions

Brody
    Attached Files Attached Files

You didn't set the MAF fail high to 0hz for speed density, change that.

Yeah, the o2 sensor aren't doing anything and I'm not sure I'd want to codes disabled like you have them because you'd never know if a problem came up. Having the STFT active is a good idea too, that way the computer can make fueling corrections on the fly to help you out and show you how far off the tune is still. More idle tuning and spark at idle would likely be helpful, there is a idle tuning guide/layout floating around here somewhere that helps a lot for GEN 3 cars.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.