Thread: ls1 02 camaro wont shift unless release the gas pedal fully.

Tuner in Training

ls1 02 camaro wont shift unless release the gas pedal fully.

So my buddy picked up an 02 ls1 camaro with heads, cam, intake, long tubes etc pretty much full bolt ons.
    It has a stall but he doesnt know what size it is but we know its a yank.
    Im not familar with auto transmission tuning because the only 2 cars ive messed with were M6's.
    Anyway it will not shift at WOT and even if yo're just cruising the car you have to completely let go of the throttle for the car to shift. I was wondering if it could be something in the tune as I became aware that the car was tuned before.
    It also doesnt shift if we try to shift it manually.
    My buddy said it wasnt doing it at all when he got the car and after a driving it for a couple days it started to not shift for him.After he said that Im more leaning towards a sticky solonoid or tps sensor or something along those lines.
    But Im gonna post the tune so someone with experience tuning automatics can at least tell me if the trans is tuned right.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Without knowing the exact stall but may be hard to give super solid information but it seems they changed some stuff regarding the transmission side.

And for the all the mods done, they didn't even really tune the engine side at all. Still has completely stock VE table and a pretty chopped up timing curve.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Is this the problem in the screen shot? I don't have performance mode in mine but the other performance modes mph and rpm do not look correct either. Maybe you need to get to 193mph to shift?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

I noticed the same thing. I kinda wondered if all was OK until he hit the Performance button. I don't get those settings at all. There are a number that are pretty strange. Like 5FDP was pointing out, the tune has some issues.

My E40 has Normal, A and B. I have them all set the same except for Hot and it is stock. I think A on the E40 is the same as Performance on the Gen3. I don't have to push a button.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

the 100% column of the part throttle shift table needs to match the wot shift table values

Tuner in Training
    can anyone shed some light on how to tune out the random misfire it has? code PO300

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    are you getting code at idle or cruise
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    You can max out the misfire tables to get rid of the p0300.

To get the car to shift you need to set the wot shift points a few hundred lower than the wot fuel cutoff.

And if your engine can't reach wot rpm or mph (running out of fuel, etc) it'll never shift.

Potential Tuner
    if the car was shifting fine it shouldn't be the tune. is the transmission stock? for heads/cam it should be beefed up. sounds like a valve issue. i assume its a 4l60e. ?

Advanced Tuner
    Now that I'm home I looked at the tune.
    All those mods and it still has torque management.
    TM has to go, it could even be the problem. 100% gone.