Thread: Books/DVD's for beginner tuner

Tuner in Training

Books/DVD's for beginner tuner

Hello all, i am looking for recommendations on some books or dvd's to help a first time tuner out. i see recommendations for greg banish's 2 dvd's but at 300 bucks a piece thats a bit steep for me right now.

i also seen some good reviews for a book called Master EFI Tuner - GM EFI Edition 2. this book is well within my price range but i cant seem to locate it anywhere online. anyone have any second hand stuff for sale or have any other recommendations? thanks!

Engine Managment Advanced tuning is a good book too, it's not a tuning how to or anything but it's a great book for understanding how the engine works and many of the sensors.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    il be picking that one up for sure. i really want the greg banish dvd's too.. do used ones show up for sale on ebay often?

getting F$CKED on the dollar conversion here in canada is an understatement lol. almost $1000 bucks for hp tuners, and i still have to pick up wideband o2's yet from the states

Tuner in Training
    x2 on the canadian dollar deal, im just glad i purchased a few years back when we were par with the states.

I have a bunch of stuff. I thought the Bannish DVD was really good, and also Ed Mowton has a very reasonably priced tutorial on ERM performance.

Tuner
    If I was starting out again I would get Ed's tutorial from ERM Performance as mentioned. Coupled with the knowledgeable people on this forum you can't go wrong. Bannish DVD's were very good as is the Master EFI Tuner book. Understanding the fundamentals when starting out will go a long way.

Ed is probably the best, most patient, direct source, best bang for the buck out there. The Banish videos are great, but if you don't get something, you can only rewind and watch again. Ed actually changed his curriculum on filtering, because I didn't get it. He made it simple now, my guess is anyone can get it, and if not, I bet he would adjust again.

Thanks ED!

Tuner in Training
    cool thanks everyone. my hpt showed up today so i have a lot of reading to do now!