Thread: E85 pros and cons on a ls1 Camaro??

Advanced Tuner

E85 pros and cons on a ls1 Camaro??

Guys i have a 01 Camaro wondering what are the cons and pros on running e85? Will I have problems with the airfuel since I've seen gas stations sometimes with low ethanol on e85.

What is the difference running the e85 sensor I been reading this around but haven't understand to much. I know the new trucks running e85 have the flex fuel sensor and detects the ethanol but what about this car that won't have a sensor? Just trying to see what to do. It's a 01 turbo Camaro.

Senior Tuner
    if ur getting the e85 from a servo then id get a flex sensor because they can change seasonally the ethanol percentage, or if u get it in a barrel u know its mixed the same every time so u can just adjust the stoich in the tune and good to go, with boost u will get good gains even without any extra changes but u can then optimize the tune to suit and gain more

Advanced Tuner
    On a stock ls1 there is zero benefit to e85. Also, to do it right you need to run the sensor. Unless you feel like testing the mix in your fuel tank every time you fill it, then adjusting the stoich and flashing.

A con could be needing larger injectors because it will use up to 30% more fuel and the mpg will reduce by the same amount.

Not sure what size injectors you have on the turbo camaro already but you may need much bigger ones.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Yea it has bigger injectors.
    Where can I get the sensor? The file I know some Tahoes suv's run e85 I have to use that file right?