Thread: main vs. idle spark tables

Advanced Tuner

main vs. idle spark tables

Hi, just a minor one, the venerable .P01 ECU I have has these settings related to spark advance;

Capture.JPG

In particular, MIN TPS and MAX SPEED. what I <assume> is that these control when the ECU swaps from the main tables to the idle tables. That leads to the question, are these 2 AND'd or OR'd? -That is, must you meet <both> conditions to goto the idle table, or just either of them?? - I see that some cars seem to have MAX SPEED set as 400+ km/h standard...

Anyone know?

Ta, D.
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

The idle spark will be enabled under 1.2% TPS and your below 402 KPH.

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    Ok, they're AND'd then by the sound of it, therefore if I set the speed to 0 it'll never use the idle spark, correct? I'm interested because my car as standard is set to around 60kph, and I think thats where it should be (roughly).
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.