Thread: Na to turbo

Na to turbo

Hello guys im tossing up wether to get some on to tune my pcm or buy the hp tuner suit and play my self as the is a project car and week end toy and ill be changing and moding over and over again.

So i have a ford ba xt na with all the xr6 turbo gear on the na motor so the 2 bar map and fuel reg after, after market boost control and na computure with the 4 speed auto.

So my question is what would you do pay someone to do it and hope they have done as asked or spend the extra 400 and buy the hp tuner software and give it a go. There seems to be a bit of help on here thanks

ok so no one want to talk to me

I would definitely get hp tuners if you feel confident in tuning it yourself the software is fairly easy to get the hang of. If you havnt got much tuning experience maybe safer to just pay for tuning.

For a start, enable turbo logic, do a compare of a stock turbo tune from repository and change peramiters as required. Things like injector data spark and fueling are all different.

i have downloaded the demo to have a look and play and from what i see on here the is a bit of help i have grabbed some of the tunes people have put up for people to have a look at and compared them. so if i get a hold of the xr6 turbo tune and the stock ba tune i should be able to build some thing from that, now I'm not 100% all over this lol but I'm always up for learning and trying.

Yep that's all ive done with my na to turbo and worked from there. The new scanner works with all the ba pcms ive tried which is good. Ive attached my layout if it helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Turbo will ill have a look at it can't wait to play around

Advanced Tuner
    Is your BA motor stock an opened? An NA BA motor will grenade as soon as you try and pull any power at all, especially as it has higher compression than the turbo model.

Make sure you have good detonation detection if you are tuning it with 98 and the NA pistons.

Advanced Tuner
    lol since when? the rods are the same strength as non typhoon ba/bf1 xr6t and people are making 300rwkw reliably with the boost curve not too harsh
    Last edited by misk; 10-29-2016 at 08:23 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by misk View Post
    lol since when? the rods are the same strength as non turbo and people are making 300rwkw reliably with the boost curve not too harsh
    Pistons are the main concern when achieving high power, higher comp pistons means more detonation. More detonation means it is easier to go wrong when tuning. When I say will grenade I mean it will grenade just like BA motors do, but your risk when tuning is even higher.
    Last edited by rolls; 10-25-2016 at 05:48 AM.

Tuner
    Rolls is correct.
    The pistons are a cast alloy not forged.
    The rods are the same as the ba small rod.
    High comp with very little room for error.
    I am playing with a fg na motor for now and boost comes on quicker.
    Take thing real slow and don't expect huge amouts of boost to get pushed into the engine.

Advanced Tuner
    they are 9.7:1, not exactly 'huge' comp, especially compared to bf and fg at 10.3:1 . only the fg f6 got forged pistons, all others are cast alloy.
    i understand there's less room for error but they're not that bad.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by misk View Post
    they are 9.7:1, not exactly 'huge' comp, especially compared to bf and fg at 10.3:1 . only the fg f6 got forged pistons, all others are cast alloy.
    i understand there's less room for error but they're not that bad.
    Interesting, so none of the BFs have forged pistons? I thought I read that they did but I'm not sure now.

Advanced Tuner
    nah bf 06/06+ got the thicker rods, pistons were the same or at least similar from ba-fg but fg f6 got some mahle pistons.