Thread: 2015 procharged idle issue

2015 procharged idle issue

Ok i've tune many of these set ups without this issue before. Thing runs and drives perfect, but the darn idle is surging. It'll idle fine, then all of a sudden bump up and then back down. Spark goes crazy. Checked for vacuum leaks and everything else. Tried many different things in the tune, but won't idle right. Am i missing something? 2015 Mustang procharger base kit, stock tb, id1000, bap, 8 psi.
    idle2015tim.hpl2015 Mustang GT - Procharger - ID1000 8psi BAP- Tim Icola.hpt

Senior Tuner
    Does it have aftermarket exhaust manifolds? Will this go away if you unplug the MAF?

It does have long tube headers. I haven't tried unplugging the maf?

Senior Tuner
    Your in for a battle unfortunately. Same issue here. Tried everything to tame it, its the headers causing it. My next try is going to be with O2 delay and see if I cant get it a bit better. For now you can raise idle to calm it a bit, and you might gt lucky and stop it all together. You and I are not the only ones wit the problem.... I haven't found anyone with a fix for this yet.
    2000 Trans Am WS6

ive done about 3 other cars with the EXACT same set up without any issues. Why this one. Same injectors, headers, blower, etc and other ones didn't have any idle issues.

Senior Tuner
    See if it does it with the MAF unplugged. With this one here as soon as there is any load, any at all its fine. Only idle goes nuts and found that others narrowed it to the headers. With the amount of learn there is available to the O2 delay I am not expecting much or anything from it. I'm as stumped as you on this one. Getting into this car tonight actually. If I find anything that helps Ill post it up.
    2000 Trans Am WS6

thanks i'll try the maf

Senior Tuner
    Car close....got something for you to try and see if you get my results.

Idle:Airflow:Idle Airflow: Int. Time Underspeed: Change to 1.0

It is hunting just for a moment and then finds idle at 920-940 and is rock steady. We are happy right now but are about to take it out for a spin, test this.
    *Seem to have it pretty good Stangguy. I went through his Predicted Error tonight as well and car is great. Does hunt for just a couple of seconds but gets stable really fast now. Looks good here.
    Last edited by MMGT1; 09-19-2016 at 10:44 PM.
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Senior Tuner
    What I am seeing is some ETC error just before the surging. The car tries to open and close the throttle to correct this and it causes the surging. To correct this log desired airflow from torque request, ETC angle error. Then apply error to appropriate airmass value of ETC idle throttle angle. It is in the same place as MMGT1 just described. I have never seen Int. Time Underspeed but if you have it give it a shot too.
    Last edited by murfie; 09-20-2016 at 12:20 AM.

Get it to idle well, but the minute you turn on A/C it starts surging again. If i make adjustments to the ETC idle then it'll be off when its not on. Also, how come you can see there is no error for ETC for 5-7 seconds and idles perfect THEN goes crazy. Wouldn't it be off all the time.

I'm struggling with a similar issue. it idles fine but if the load changes at all, right at the source transition from torque -N (decel) to driver demand (idle), it starts flopping around for me for 4 cycles and then magically it decides its fine and goes back into driver demand and idles smooth. a/c or not. I tried bumping the ETC idle a bunch to try murfie's idea that it wasn't seeing enough angle at idle. and it effected the issue, but like you said it created driveability issues elsewhere. I think the ETC error is symptomatic so I put my file back to a known good point there and looking at the info from a different perspective. I've been trimming a huge etc error out of my mid throttle map which has had a positive effect there so hoping it will show some promise down low. but I still don't know why my car does it when other procharger kits do not.

Senior Tuner
    Stangguy
    Have you never needed to modify the MAF before? If you are absolutely sure you have the correct Injector data( I think your rail temp modifiers are switched) Im showing at least 5% and as much as 16% error in the MAF curve. that would need to be fixed before modifying idle airflow.
    2015 procharger EQ.PNG
    Last edited by murfie; 09-22-2016 at 02:52 AM.

Of course i have. I've already tuned several of these set ups and none of the others have this issue. I've already corrected for the adding of the fuel. I've even forced open loop and it still does it.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    surging with those long tubes must be tuned. also you can as mentioned play with your throttle angle
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Senior Tuner
    I would check your O2s for damage or leaks. Bank 2 is getting lean spikes. Bank 1 is not.

Tuner in Training
    Which BAP is in the car? If it's a constant voltage increase like the VMP, you have to go to "fuel system" and change the "full on threshold" from .80 to about 3.0.

LavaRed50: Can you explain your reasoning behind raising it from .8 to 3.0?
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP