Thread: Can someone look over my tune? stalls at low speeds

Tuner in Training

Can someone look over my tune? stalls at low speeds

Hello everyone,

Let me introduce my self first. I have been a member for about a year and have been reading the stickies but really havent started messing with my tune much. well this weekend I started playing with it and have already came accross some issues that I am hoping someone can help me out.

The car:

86 Iroc with Ls6 swap.
    TFS 215 with 59 cc
    VRX 4 cam .588 .591 LSA112
    FAST 102 intake with 92mm tb
    U/D pulley
    Headers with magnaflow catback
    bulit 4l60e with yank ss4000
    9" with 3.70 gears

the car was tuned by a performance shop and it runs good, but the driveability sucked which is why i bought HP tunes so i could learn to do it myself. From my experience noone ever really puts the time and effort to a product like the owner.

SOOO.. the issue I started with was that the car would stall out on me when i give it gas and let off the gas in stop and go traffic or in parking lots. Also cuts off just about every time i go in reverse and let off of the gas. the other issue was that the idle would hang; even in park if i gave it a quick tap it would hang at about 1400 and then come down to commanded TIS. I was able to fix the hanging idle by adjusting the BRA and Spark advance. I followed the idle tuning guide on masterenginetuner. However, the stalling problem still exists. I have attached my tune and quick log that i did. Let me know if you need any additonal info and thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    No input?

Tuner in Training
    Anyone?

Senior Tuner
    Proportional and Integral RPM. Cut that back and see if it helps at all. Idle Air seems a little low but every car is very different. Stab in the dark for you here, but I think it was tuned with a high timing table and low air flow. If you were to lower the idle timing and increase the base air you may have better results.
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Tuner in Training
    MMGT1, thanks for your input. I already tried increasing BRA and decreased idle timing, but it still did the same thing so i pit it back. Ill give it another shot. First ill try prop and integral rpm adjustments.

I noticed that my park and drive spark tables are not the same as myhigh and low octane tables. Can that cause the problem?

I can help but I have no idea how to send you your file modified

I made changes but I can't save the tune with out licencing it

Tuner in Training
    Pm sent

pm sent

I had to do this to mine. If the iac is too low you may have to reset it. How you do it is to unplug the connection, start the engine, while waiting for about a minute for it to settle down, if this is cable driven like mine with the 90mm fast, adjust your idle to where it idles descent. You have to monitor the voltage on the throttle body. You do not want to go over .75v. Turn off the engine, plug back the iac, unplug your throttle body control, turn key on without starting, wait 10 seconds, turn key off, plug throttle body back in. This resets your throttle control to 0%. When you adjust your throttle, it may go up 1%. I know it sounds like a lot but it is quite easy. Try this and see if this helps. It did for me. Resetting your iac.
    2000 CamaroSS, ProCharger P1SC 8lbs boost,SLP Maf,Subframe,Adjustable torque Arm,MSD wires, ignition and coils,3.73 gears,eibach lowering springs, SLP Linelock, Hooker Headers, Flowmasters, Strange Shocks with Coilovers front Strange Shocks back, BMR front and rear swaybars with rear adjustable location brackets

Tuner in Training
    2000camaroSS,

Thanks ill try that. Probably wont be able to test it till tomorrow because its been pooring rain all day. Ill report back to let you know how it goes. Thanks again

Just a quick fyi. I had to adjust the idle with the iac solenoid disconnected about 100 rpms higher. After i would plug it back in the rpms would drop. I don't know why. Maybe it was just the way i have it set up but it is very similar to yours. 3800 stall, fast 92mm intake with a 90mm throttle body, 3.73 gears stock rear, built 4l60e, headers,flowmasters, ls1 stroked to 393.
    2000 CamaroSS, ProCharger P1SC 8lbs boost,SLP Maf,Subframe,Adjustable torque Arm,MSD wires, ignition and coils,3.73 gears,eibach lowering springs, SLP Linelock, Hooker Headers, Flowmasters, Strange Shocks with Coilovers front Strange Shocks back, BMR front and rear swaybars with rear adjustable location brackets

Potential Tuner
    My car is doing the same exact thing. It's very annoying. I will bring this information to my tuner to se if he can figure it out. Thanks.