Thread: Need help Tuning a 06 lq4 with a truck tune and no prdnl switch installed

Tuner in Training

Need help Tuning a 06 lq4 with a truck tune and no prdnl switch installed

I'm still in the building stage right now of the transmission it's at the shop they are making it to a 4l65e and built up to handle the 500 hp

What I have Is a 06 lq4 out of a express van and my tb dbw Is out of a 04 5.3 Tahoe and I'm getting a psi wire harness har1014 and computer with a truck tune it doesn't have wires for the prndl switch and I have to install block hugger style headers and a cold air intake to make it fit in the frame rails and at a later date I'm going with ls3 injectors and intake and a cam and head change and plus a tune to get around 500 hp

Also it Is in a1938 Oldsmobile coupe around 3000 lbs .

My question is they will put the short shifter shaft on for me if I don't need the prndl switch and if I don't need the switch how do I tune it since their Is a table for park and another for in gear?

Sorry for being so long winded

Thank you Kelly

Potential Tuner
    You can use a micro switch on the shifter since you probably don't want it to start in gear. It would be nice to have it start in P and N and maybe have a reverse light . I just finishing a ls swap with a 4l60e with the long shaft and factory style switch rather than build a group of micro switches

Tuner in Training
    Thank you carnutsx2 the b and m shifter has micro switches for only starting in park and neutral my Oldsmobile doesn't have reverse lights.

I just remember reading that the computer has different tuning tables one for park and the other for in gear so I'm not sure what to do since the computer won't be able to tell if it's in park or year I thank I read some where to just copy and paste and make the tables the same but I'm not sure..

Advanced Tuner
    There are tables in various places for park/in gear, but you can just make them the same if you aren't detecting which you're in...
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

Tuner in Training
    Cool thank you that's what I read just wanted to make sure