Thread: Just finished VE and MAF tuning, experts please take a look

Just finished VE and MAF tuning, experts please take a look

So im still a novice to HP tuners and tuning in general. I have a stock LS1 with just a longtube headers and 3.73 gears. I tuned up the VE tables while SD for a bit then switched the MAF back on and tuned up the MAF. Got my LTFT and STFT waayyy down and the AFR is just about right. Im just looking for some constructive criticism. Still trying to learn. My Nova drives pretty well. Alot better than it has. Ive attached my tune and just a cruise log, no WOT pulls just yet but i was hoping some of you experts could take a look and see how i did.

Thanks in advance.

bump, Anybody?

Advanced Tuner
    They both look not too bad, as a work in progress... that MAF will likely change when you look at heavy throttle, VE too. even changes that don't even show in a MAF curve graph have an effect...
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

Quote Originally Posted by dermotw View Post
    They both look not too bad, as a work in progress... that MAF will likely change when you look at heavy throttle, VE too. even changes that don't even show in a MAF curve graph have an effect...
    thanks man, Its been a pain in ass to get it too this point but i learned quite a bit along the way. The car is night and day from the stock tune till now. But next i plan to doing some trans tuning to get the shift points dialed in and doing some WOT pulls just to see what else i can get outta that stock LS1.

how did you learn to do ve tuning did you use a video or book or have a friend help im interested in learning to

Reading is your friend. The are some good VE tubing tutorials on this forum and in the hptuners help file

I've spent hours googling and reading up the information in this forum

thats pretty much what i did. just google SD tuning for HP tuners, there's alot of info out there that just talk about LS motors. Im pretty happy with where im at with my tune. This winter ill probably be doing a cam/valve spring swap and rocker arm trunnion upgrade. Im really not going to put too much $$ into this LS1. I plan to eventually build a twin or single turbo LS408. But for now, id just like to get the LS1 to the 400 HP mark. Im just super stoked that my car is on the road and trying to work out all the bugs so its reliable. last time it was on the road was 2005 and man what a difference with the LS1 compared to the crappy 350 that was in it.