Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DFCO question

Tuner in Training

DFCO question

M6 car. In gears 1-3, DFCO works fine. In 4-6, it doesn't seem to want to enable. The map readings are similar in decel in each gear (~19-21 kPa). The RPM/speed/TPS/MAP entry values are all met.

In 4th gear, ~2800 RPM, I let off the throttle and IPW flatlines to ~2 ms, spark is pretty stable and drops slowly as the RPMs fall, but it never enters DFCO. AFR goes rich.

Is there something else I should be looking at here?

base_rtt_ol_new.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Possibly Transient > Min Fuel (mg). Usually that has to be lowered if you want the injectors to go under around 2mS, at least in older cars/ECUs like mine. Mine is .028, and the AFR will goto way over 22:1 in DFCO (thats my chosen way..).
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

Tuner in Training
    I upped transient fuel a bit to try to smooth out lean spikes in between shifts, which worked.

To be clear though, when DFCO engages, IPW goes to ~0.5 and my wideband pegs lean. In the example I gave in the OP, I was explaining what was happening in higher gears when DFCO wasn't kicking in.

Advanced Tuner
    Well, I don't recall there's any other setting lurking anywhere, mine will kick in in any gear, so long as I meet the 'rules', lol.

EDIT: I see my TPS values are a bit higher than yours at the higher RPM, of course it also depends if the TPS is setup & reporting ok, mine does not always goto 0% when I shut off but to e.g. 0.7 or similar. I have a cable throttle of course...
    Last edited by dermotw; 09-18-2016 at 09:44 AM.
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

Tuner in Training
    I grabbed a log I can post later, but TPS looks fine at 0.0% and .53v, which are the same values as when I can get it to enter DFCO in lower gears.

Tuner in Training
    dfco_cut.hpl

This is just a quick snip from the log, but it starts in 4th gear, then I toss it into 3rd, where it seems to go into DFCO. Wideband is ~12.5:1 in 4th, ~2.0ms IPW, then ~15.87:1 and 0.5ms in 3rd.

Tuner in Training
    Any thoughts on what else might be causing this?

Advanced Tuner
    Well... I'm a bit confused by the log! Everywhere that you are deaccellerating you are at around 15:1, and your advance is low, so thats DFCO. Of course, there's no DFCO at the points where you aren't perceptibly slowing down?

Tuner in Training
    Not sure what you mean? From 06.832-14.151, I'm in 4th gear and off the throttle. That was down a slight grade, which is why speed is increasing a little bit, but TPS/speed/MAP/RPM thresholds have all been met and instead of going into DFCO, it's rich at ~12.50:1. When I tap the throttle and downshift into 3rd at 14.161, you can see from 15.511+ timing starts to drop, the AFR starts to peg lean, and it's in DFCO.

I found a similar problem here. After PM'ing the OP asking if it was ever resolved, I received this response -

"Something in the ECU, that is not able to be accessed by either EFI live, or HP tuners is preventing the '04 GTO ECU from using DFCO in gears 4-6. No idea why."

Could someone from HPT possibly chime in here to confirm or deny this?

Tuner in Training
    To update this -

I tried flashing the original, non-RTT/enhanced OS (just to attempt to rule out some sort of OS corruption) with no luck. I can't think of anything else that would cause my issue? Anyone see anything similar before?

I have the same issue but im assuming mine is due to the T56 conversion im still using the auto harness with only the P/N switch by-passed

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I have the same issue but im assuming mine is due to the T56 conversion im still using the auto harness with only the P/N switch by-passed
    Does yours work in any gear?
    Last edited by FD3S; 11-18-2016 at 05:53 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Post #1 gears 1-3 DFCO works fine

Tuner in Training
    Sorry, should've quoted. I'm the OP. I was curious if Luke had functional DFCO in any gear.

Advanced Tuner
    Damn I really need to start paying attention. Lol it must be Friday or something.

Sorry for late reply it seems to only work in 1st and 2nd? weird I know because the only sensor the pcm has to go on is the VSS.. It goes way rich in every other gear 11:1afr on decell

Ill earth the P/N wire today sometime and let you know how the DFCO reacts

Tuner in Training
    Awesome, thanks.

Tuner in Training
    has this been updated? working on this for my 04 V
    would be nice to get it fine tuned like the gen 5s see. 22:1 when you let off gas

Tuner in Training
    No updates from me, the car is parked for the winter. Not sure if Luke did any other testing.