Thread: 11-12 Mustang Strategy

Senior Tuner

11-12 Mustang Strategy

Anyone care to share or send me 2012 Boss strategy or a good 11-12 strategy that is known to work with E85? I'm about to tune an early 2011 car on E85 and the last time I got over a certain ethanol percentage and started getting a Cold Start mode running basically no timing while just driving around. Nobody posted a fix and I saw where others had the problem on early 2011 cars so was going to tune with a newer strategy.

Senior Tuner
    I tried a 2012 strategy out of the repository with all tables copied from a previous 2011 tune I did on the car and still encountered the Cold Start Emissions Reduction pulling out a significant amount of timing at over a 50/50 mix or so of 93 and E85.

Yep I have had the same problem. No one has posted a fix but people say they have it running. I would love to know how it is fixable. Have customers who want to do E85 and it happens on 3 of the cars. Goes into "cold emission" spark table

It might be a few cold start alcohol tables that have to do with max allowed spark during cold start. There are Neutral and Drive alcohol tables as well as a table that blends out cold start spark based off cat temp and throttle position. I use other software to populate these as they are set to "0" stock in both the 2011 manual and 2014 auto tunes I use.

If I had to start digging, that's where I would start.

Senior Tuner
    If I copy the tables under Startup and Idle Spark Advance from a known, good E85 tune the car I've been testing on will not even start so I feel like there is something not functioning as described or something in the background that I'm not seeing. This is under the Spark Advance section by the way.