Thread: VCT Schedule OP Mode

Tuner in Training

VCT Schedule OP Mode

I am new to HP tuners and need to help understanding a few things. A few thing I am noticing is the VCT OP mode is disabled at higher rpms. Also timing is being pulled from a tc source. If anyone could help out it would be great. I will attach my tune and log. Also can I disable COT enrichment, car goes pig rich on the topend? Car is a 2017 GT with a resonator delete.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Return your max torque value under electronic throttle > CLIP/ADD torque to stock or closer to stock. Raising this value can cause strange issues. I believe you are seeing the VCT disabled during a aggressive shift which causes a Torque limit. My guess would be your clutch protection logic is the cause of your torque control. You also see VCT unknown and more Torque control when you start to move from a stop which is a critical time for clutch protection. As far as COT I found it to be very aggressive, I'm not sure if these modern cats are that heat sensitive, but lowering the higher values by 200* in the Exhaust Temp vs. RPM vs. Load table prevents it from going into COT protection with out disabling it entirely. I've been running it like that for about a month with no issues.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    I've been running it like that for about a month with no issues.
    As long as he leaves the max enrichment where it is at the cats should last a bit longer. I set my COT to 1800* and max enrichment to .80 and blew the passenger cat out completely after a month. Found it lodged in the over axle...

Some edits I would recommend:

- Engine>Fuel>WOT FUEL> Fuel Enrichment Pedal>scale the RPM values to something a bit more controllable,

X axis: 1000,2000,3000,3500,4000,5000, 6500
    Y axis: 80,80,80,50,50,50,50

This will help give you a bit more control over when WOT fueling is enabled vs TPS

- Engine>Fuel>COT,Lean cruise>Max Enrichment> leave this at the stock value of .70(lower this value mean it runs richer when COT is enabled, which mens you lose even more power than usual). You can raise the value to avoid the power loss, but it will eat into the cats life(see above post)

also start logging your mapped points so you know which map point you need to tune during WOT in order to get the spark you are looking for. Until then you will be adding spark blindly.
    Last edited by Jn2; 09-16-2016 at 12:08 PM.

that quick huh? mine has been max enrichment .835 since may and shes still going strong lol

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rshoe09 View Post
    that quick huh? mine has been max enrichment .835 since may and shes still going strong lol
    Yeah, Idk if it was the COT enabling temp of the max enrichment that killed it, but it blew out after a month. Maybe if let it enable at the stock temp it would of lasted longer, but I raised the temp and raised the maximum it can lean it out.
    Last edited by Jn2; 09-16-2016 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    Yeah, Idk if it was the COT enabling temp of the max enrichment that killed it, but it blew out after a month. Maybe I let it enable at the stock temp it would of lasted longer, but I raised the temp and raised the maximum it can lean it out.
    looks like I need to get these cats off pronto lol

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rshoe09 View Post
    looks like I need to get these cats off pronto lol
    if your max enrich is set to .835 then you might as well just disable COT since that is what most people run at WOT lambda anyway, you are pretty much telling the ECM to not change when COT kicks in.

I know I left it on for some reason at the time Im not sure why

Tuner in Training
    Ok so I got my fueling down pretty decent and my timing somewhat figures out. I still cant figure out why my VCT schedule keeps going to disabled though?

Advanced Tuner
    What do the angles look like in the datalog when compared to what you are commanding for OP?

Tuner in Training
    They are right on point till it goes to disabled. Then they are at 0.

Advanced Tuner
    flash your stock tune back on and make sure it doesn't do that, then start adding some of your changes in phases until it starts to zero you out again. That will help you figure out the root cause.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    TQ source is due to shuffling strategy as timing will be pulled.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Timing is good now but the car will not stay in optimum power mode after about 6,000rpm. Says disabled in log.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    you need to see the criteria and your engine load for OP
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Senior Tuner
    Check you IMRC settings.

Quote Originally Posted by mbigvin327 View Post
    Timing is good now but the car will not stay in optimum power mode after about 6,000rpm. Says disabled in log.
    OP is disabled in your mapped points

I have same issue on 14 coyote (vct and fuel off&ON for millisecond at high RPM only at power shift mode) no issue without power shift. Any one figure out the solution.
    Last edited by small tuner; 09-03-2019 at 05:49 AM.