Thread: Is iat sensor used during open loop?

Tuner in Training

Is iat sensor used during open loop?

I am trying to get my maf dialed in. I start my run at around .8 to 1 lambda and running nice. But after a combination of city and highway driving I am around 1.2 to 1.6 with some surging. All this happens without making any changes to tune. I am curious if the iat comes into play while in open loop? Just trying to rule things out.

Yeah the IAT is used by the computer for open and closed loop.

Are you having sky rocketing IAT temps swings with your driving?

Just a general question, are you making sure to make it's in MAF only in the tune when tuning so the VE isn't throwing you for a loop?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    The iat started at 77 and ended at 95* I have the pcm set to open loop with the high rpm disable set to 0. Is that the proper way to set for maf only?

Tuner in Training
    The high lambda readings should have read 1.02 and 1.06.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes IAT is used, as 5FDP said, and the car can handle high IAT levels and still be fine, so long as everything is setup ok. Where I am, the IAT can reach 70C, 158F, sometimes even more, and it'll run & idle fine... (HP is a bit down though, ).
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.