Thread: No Read, Only Write

Tuner in Training

No Read, Only Write

I have a 1987 C10 truck that i put an 02 5.3 and 4L60E in. I read the ECM originally, cleared the VATS, wen back later and deleted O2's and read it several times after that. Scanner works fine. Connects to vehicle with no issue. But, editor will not read the ECM. It does not even highlight as a selectable option. I seem to be able to write, but not read. I have disconnected from OBD connection, unhooked battery, waited 10 minutes....nothing works. I have version 3.2.

Tuner in Training
    I had an issue with that last night on my brothers' car.

I went into top left and went to open. Then I was able to read the car and write as normal

Quote Originally Posted by txfour View Post
    I have a 1987 C10 truck that i put an 02 5.3 and 4L60E in. I read the ECM originally, cleared the VATS, wen back later and deleted O2's and read it several times after that. Scanner works fine. Connects to vehicle with no issue. But, editor will not read the ECM. It does not even highlight as a selectable option. I seem to be able to write, but not read. I have disconnected from OBD connection, unhooked battery, waited 10 minutes....nothing works. I have version 3.2.
    You have to close the current tune before you can read it. Go to file and select close.

There's no reason to read the original tune multiple times typically.

Selecting open closes the tune that is currently open as well, so I guess you could do it that way too
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    You have to close the current tune before you can read it. Go to file and select close.

There's no reason to read the original tune multiple times typically.

Selecting open closes the tune that is currently open as well, so I guess you could do it that way too
    Thanks, the reason I wanted to read again was to verify my flashes are taking. I continually get P0140 and P0160 even though they are unchecked and I selected "no Mil light". I wanted to read to make sure I am doing this right.

Change to do not report if they are still showing up and see if that does it