Thread: Is Innovate Motorsports is imploding?

Tuner in Training

Is Innovate Motorsports is imploding?

I just bought an LM-2 (before reading the reviews)

I'm having problems with their Logworks software and there's no tech support - no e-mail - no return phone calls
    Then I notice the Innovate Forum no longer exists so there's not even help from the other users.

Seems like they're about toast.

Probably made a poor choice with the LM-2

Advanced Tuner
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

I have a LM-2 and it has worked fine for several years.
    What is your issue?
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Tuner in Training
    Yes that link leads to the support page. But the only way to really get help is thru a phone call to them. Then, they never answer or return you call when a message is left. They apparently shut the forum down for some unknown reason. So the whole thing looks pretty bad.

My problem was that channel config was not being saved on exit, and I could not save a gauge template. No error pop-ups it just didn't happen. So I had to reconfigure channels every time I executed Logworks.

We'll After mindless hours of scouring the internet with no results I started hacking directory permissions, which was a bad idea cause I got things so dorked I couldn't even uninstall Logworks. But - I was on the right track!! I Installed a fresh copy of Logworks into a different directory. I tried and failed again to get a save on my channel config. Then, for giggles I right clicked Logworks in the start menu and selected "Run as Administrator" Bang- All workie perfectly. This is on a Win 10 machine BTW.

Anyway- This tribal knowledge already exists somewhere on the net, but I sure couldn't find it.

Also, after dicking with the system for a few days there is a particular order one must use when plugging cords into the LM-2. It appears you must plug main power in first to get the O2 sensor heated up and reading. If you plug either ODB2 or USB in first the sensor will stay in E9 error. My current order is

1) Main Power to LM-2
    2) USB to Computer
    3) Get Logworks communications established with LM-2 -(note you may have to unplug and replug USB if Logworks does not recognize the LM-2)
    4) Finally plug in ODB2 to the car and LM-2 then start the car

Done ranting - It's working now. Maybe this will help someone else.

Regards,
    Steve

Per Innovate, you don't want to let the sensor to warm up then start the engine. Any condensation will have an opportunity to shock the already hot sensor. But like 355LT1 I have a gripe with this unit too. I constantly get E8 codes everything about it works good but once one E8 code pops up it keeps throwing them every few minutes there after. I've replaced several sensors, wired the LM2 different ways with no luck in this working correctly. I also sent the whole LM2 back to Innovate for warranty and they claimed they did a test of operation with various AFR with my unit and no errors after hours of testing. After I got it back from Innovate within 5 minutes of running back in my car it showed E8 again..... So, any feedback to this would be helpful.

Had the same issue with my MTX-L. 2 sensors later I threw it in the trash. Got a PLX, problem solved. Went to new CAN based AEM later--no issues with it either

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Had the same issue with my MTX-L. 2 sensors later I threw it in the trash. Got a PLX, problem solved. Went to new CAN based AEM later--no issues with it either
    I'll be picking you brain on all the parts I need for my set up here, Thanks Carson!

That's basic knowledge. Read the manual
    You can't connect USB or OBD2 cables before the 12V feed. Both usb and obd2 will power up the controller but can't power the sensor so it will error and stay there until you cycle power.
    O2 sensor shall always be plugged first. Then 12V power and when the display shows "Warming" Wxx% then plug any other cable you need.

Since you have Hptuners there is little use for logworks, hpt scanner is far superior
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecarlodrag View Post
    Since you have Hptuners there is little use for logworks, hpt scanner is far superior
    Understatement of the day.

Tuner in Training
    I have worked through most of the issues and now I can get good Logworks logs and I am getting accurate serial Innovate data over to HP Tuners. I agree HP Tuners has much better scanner, logging, and analysis capabilities. My original gripe was lack of support and the lack of a user forum to solicit help and or help others. Innovate has numerous products, a pretty extensive webpage, good marketing, and a long list of big name 3rd party sellers. It just seems that the company does not have the underpinnings to support the hype. I'm not totally dissatisfied, but I am concerned about the long term viability of the company.

Regards,
    Steve