Thread: coughing & missing

Tuner in Training

coughing & missing

LS3 6M.
    1. At cruising speed (5th gear, 74 MPH, 2,600 RPM) engine feels like it misses. It shows up on the scan file as kind of like a reverse spike.
    Spark goes from 34.5 to 26 instantaneously for a split second. Example is at 4.3 seconds on the attached scan file.
    2. While accelerating between gears, engine coughs and won't build power until it reaches a certain RPM and then it comes to life and builds RPM pretty quick
    and allows WOT mode. Example is at 37 seconds and 47 seconds on the attached scan file. (3,600 to 4,400 RPM)
    No trouble codes exist.
    I've attached the tune also.
    Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.Scan file.hpl2015 Camaro.hpt

You are barely giving it any throttle and it's not going into PE at that point

But try adding toque management adv to list of channels and see if it shows anything. I see a spot where a good bit of timing gets pulled for a split second but I doubt that's it. It only happens once

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    You are barely giving it any throttle and it's not going into PE at that point

But try adding toque management adv to list of channels and see if it shows anything. I see a spot where a good bit of timing gets pulled for a split second but I doubt that's it. It only happens once
    Thank You Sir.

VE looks pretty jacked. Are tuning in Speed Density (P0101-0103 are Mil on first error but MAF High Freq fail is still 14500...set to 1 if your intent is SD. Also add dynamic Airflow to channels list. Smooth out the VE table as well. I would recommend going back to stock to get the shape back and tune over from there.

Nothing else jumps out at me...will look again in the am...looking for a 15 degree pull......

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    VE looks pretty jacked. Are tuning in Speed Density (P0101-0103 are Mil on first error but MAF High Freq fail is still 14500...set to 1 if your intent is SD. Also add dynamic Airflow to channels list. Smooth out the VE table as well. I would recommend going back to stock to get the shape back and tune over from there.

Nothing else jumps out at me...will look again in the am...looking for a 15 degree pull......

Ed M
    Lol. Thank you Sir.
    A lot of Greek here to me as I'm still learning.
    "Are tuning in Speed Density (P0101-0103 are Mil on first error but MAF High Freq fail is still 14500...set to 1 if your intent is SD."

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post

Ed M
    OK. I understand what you're talking about. All of the info I've looked at and received have these settings correct (P0101-0103 Mil on first error and MAF High Freq fail set to 14500)
    What am I missing?

Maf high fail needs to be at like 1

Quote Originally Posted by mr08353 View Post
    OK. I understand what you're talking about. All of the info I've looked at and received have these settings correct (P0101-0103 Mil on first error and MAF High Freq fail set to 14500)
    What am I missing?
    The correct way to do it...:-) see above.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Maf high fail needs to be at like 1
    2 for 2. Lol. So I'm guessing that's an observation as you reviewed the tune...and not what is causing the engine to run this way.
    Thanks for your reply. It's good to know there are a few guys out there that are willing to help others when they can.