Thread: Powrer Enrichment crazy on LQ4 Truck motor

Tuner in Training

Powrer Enrichment crazy on LQ4 Truck motor

So I'm working on a Frankenstein car for a friend. It's a 95 Firebird transplanted with an LQ4 6L from a Chevy Express Van, A Puter from a 5.3 Truck, and an 85mm MAF from a 6L truck. The motor is bone stock. After turning off all the silly stuff (Torque Mgt, COT, VATs, etc) I copied everything from a stock 6L LQ4 file over to the ECM (Cyl size, injectors, MAF curve, VE,PE, Timing, etc).Then after fixing some vacuum leaks I started getting pretty good LT fuel trims at Idle, free rev in neutral, and normal driving conditions. So I know my MAF curve, Injector size, etc isn't far off. I did a WOT run and was surprised when I saw 14's and 14.5's on the WB thru the run. Discovered the 60 second time delay and very slow ramp in rate on PE. GM truly did not run PE on these trucks (which I see in other posts has already been discussed)!

Now to the interesting part. I went in and set the timer to zero, put the ramp rate to 4 and took her for a WOT run. As expected, the commanded AFR now dropped in the high 12's but, the fueling went pig rich on the WB - I mean in the 7's! the whole way thru the run. WTF where is it getting that. I cut the PE's all down to 1.0 and it still was pig rich in the 7's. I move PE to .5 and same result Pig rich 7's. Not sure what other table is being used to dump that much fuel. COT is turned off, Coolant temp is 185 so it's not hitting Hot Enrichment.

For now, I'm shutting PE back off, and I'll add enrichment through the MAF curve. But it sure is goofy.

Anybody else run into this???

Regards,
    Steve

Post the tune.

I have a feel your wideband is wrong if even changing the commanded AFR under WOT still makes it goes that rich or the curve is really screwed up.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

You may have the wrong injector info. Maybe set them to 1lb an hour higher (will run leaner) and try it that way. If your flow rates aren't matched then it won't compensate correctly.

Also I was logging mine this evening (after hooking up the wideband for the first time) and I noticed that very little changes in the pe made a big difference.

Tuner in Training
    These are stock injectors and the Fuel Trims look good so I'm thinking the injector constant works OK.

On the PE table, If I leave the stock LQ4 EQ ratio's in the table and just set the PE timer to zero - PE does get enabled (as verified buy a change in commanded AFR from 14.66 to 12.5'ish) But it goes Pig Rich and further changes to the EQ ratio don't seem to effect WB O2. It's a new WB BTW and it seems to be working fine.

Regards,
    Steve