Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: can't get my head around injection timing for cam

also chiller isn't on with that log file

this is what I'm upto with xl spread sheet
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2013 GEN F GTS (the stormtrooper)
    mods- BTR stg3 cam, pac valve springs, harrop intake, ID850s, forced induction interchiller, 2.55 upper/9.17 lower pullys, snow performance water/meth injection, defillipo 3" catback, cat delete pipes, built and tuned by me

Senior Tuner
    cam dosnt look too bad u still have round 50+kpa at idle, try boundary at 520 for idle to 1500rpm, then ECT at all 85 that should get u after the EVC for idle (can try lower if it still goes richer) then if u have the RPM table change to all zero and use the boundary table after 1500rpm to change as u get higher in rpm range which u will have to test a bit see what it likes, look at your WB after the change and see if your idle goes richer

Senior Tuner
    also boundary works as increase the number delays the injection decrease the number advances it, ive kept mine a little advanced for now and just working back, boundary 520 at 1500 to 485 at 6500, also going to see what the cruise areas like compared to same rpm but on boost see if there is a compromise

Tuning Addict
    With that cam, you'll probably want to be somewhere around 590 boundary by 5500 and 520 at idle interpolate and smooth from there. You'll also want something pretty close to a stock ect table and then zero out the rpm table.

ill give that a crack and see how it goes
    cheers
    stock the rpm tables were zero already and have left the ect table stock
    also boundary was 520 across the board so thats the one I've changed
    Last edited by ants-gts; 09-15-2016 at 03:10 PM.
    mods- BTR stg3 cam, pac valve springs, harrop intake, ID850s, forced induction interchiller, 2.55 upper/9.17 lower pullys, snow performance water/meth injection, defillipo 3" catback, cat delete pipes, built and tuned by me

Senior Tuner
    Are you also taking into account your injector msec when trying to calculate this?
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

that is why i posted the log GHiggins and 07 gts would have had a look as I'm not sure what rpm to use for injector ms for this

Senior Tuner
    You're on the right track, just missing a few key things needed to set it and forget it. shoot me a pm with your email.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Tuning Addict
    I no longer try to optimize so much off of ms or reduce duty cycle by any sort above 2500. You can go that route if you wish, but you'll lose a lot of what your after. If you're above a 50 percent duty cycle on the injectors then you'll benefit more by delaying eoi in the higher rpms. Just giving for a heads up.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    I no longer try to optimize so much off of ms or reduce duty cycle by any sort above 2500. You can go that route if you wish, but you'll lose a lot of what your after. If you're above a 50 percent duty cycle on the injectors then you'll benefit more by delaying eoi in the higher rpms. Just giving for a heads up.
    my old injectors only got to just over 40% but now with the downgrade im around the 70-80% after i had to increase the base pressure, ill have to try delaying it a bit more again because with old injectors i got strange lean spikes if i went to close to BDC EOIT so ill have to see how these new ones go with the longer duration and delayed EOIT

Tuning Addict
    Yes, for whatever reason if IDC is around 40 or less - try to stick to a stock boundary curve... Higher - delay it a lot over factory - sometimes even brings the final DC down - I have no idea to the reasoning or why it does this unless the lower DC's result in an inefficient amount hitting the valve to get the right evaporated to a more rawer fuel mix correct? In other words if it's less than say even 45% then to much of the majority of the mix is being sprayed straight into the cylinder - I think it needs a "certain" amount of pre-evaporated fuel to better start the burn... If your 70 to 80 % then going to around 590 or even 630 depending on your cam will prove very nice for you in the final outcome... AND I'm talking about something that you will actually feel - I've had several tell me after my injection tables were put in that they were breaking the tires loose when they couldn't before cruising down the highway then stomping it and that they were no longer seeing knock that they were previously... I personally see pretty good gains from it on the dyno as well... So I know they work
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Senior Tuner
    sounds good i was thinking it may have been too much fuel going in at once and im on E85 also so more fuel again it may have just not like it so i kept it advanced so it sat on the valve for a bit, but im looking forward to doing some more EOIT adjustments now its back running ill see how it is up to 590 and make small adjustments from there, i like making easy hp/torque and a simple adjustment like this is what its all about

This is a good thread. I have been wondering if my EOIT and Boundary figures are right for my setup. GHuggins did give me a file a while ago to try the EOIT and Boundary figures he had for another LS7 and I did but I had smaller injectors at the time with much higher DC. Now I have 85lb injectors on e85. Not sure which direction to go now. The Boundary data I used is 510 from 0 rpm to 635 at 5100 and up. Normal ECT ranges from 222 to 93. My cam is 242/250 112+4 max .657 lift. Advertised duration is 292/304. M car tends to have a smelly idle and it has high flow cats still.

Potential Tuner
    Hey guys
    been reading and using the spread sheets for this injector timing but I don't know what numbers to put where
    here's my cam card...if anyone could lead me in the right direction would be very much appreciated

Ben

cam card.pdf

Senior Tuner
    could try to make boundary all 520 atm and then zero out rpm table, now lower the ect table number until u stop going richer so less is going out the exhaust u could try 80-90 see how it goes, then keep the boundary 1500-2000 at 520 but start to delay it up to say 6k just try say 560 at 6k with a slope from 520 - 560 so its smooth and see how it goes, then just adjust the 560 higher or lower depending on what u find it likes, higher boundary number delays eoit

Potential Tuner
    Thanks mate i'll give that a go

Tuner
    Hey guys, been doing tons of reading on EOIT. I have a 212-218 .522-.529 comp cam and wasn't sure if doing EOIT was worth it. after reading this thread and seeing that a difference in a stock cam with good improvement. was just wondering if someone could give me some leads what numbers to start at? Rpm tables are Zeroed out, Make Up ECT is set to 30 Degrees. Normal ECT starts at -40f to 68F 245 degrees 90F 200 Degrees 111F to 133F 155 degrees 154F up 110 Degrees [ATTACH=CONFIG]63427[/ATTACH
    Any help Would be Greatly Appreciated
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2011 SCSB Boosted/Forged 5.3

Tuning Addict
    590 on the boundary around 6000 rpms 520 up to 1000. More advanced below 2500 - you'll have a very slight dip right around 2500. Smooth from 2500 to 6100 and 1000 to 2500. Again only a slight dip at 2500. Rpm zeroed out and leave the ect tables stock. You can ask ant if it's worth it or not

Definitely worth it 👍🏻

Senior Tuner
    once again just as im testing a new adjustment something happens... i changed my EOIT and went for drive now with a gear change from 3rd to 4th my belt broke so im off the road again now going to get a Gilmer drive for the blower so its separate and getting headers jethot dipped to help with heat, hopefully in a couple weeks i can actually drive it again and see how the changes go