Thread: any help? any help at all would be great..

any help? any help at all would be great..

I have a 08 silverado 1500 with the 6.0 in it. It was brought to me to with a DOD/AFM delete kit installed and he wanted me to do the dod delete tune. I did the standard dod delete actions that seems to work fine for everyone else but this truck will not idle. I don't know enough about these later PCMs to be able to make it work. Ive tried everything I know how to do and I'm out of ideas.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2001 V6 M5 firebird: drop in K&N, 12bolt with posi and 4.30s, magnaflow muffler, gutted cat.
    9.5 at 73 in the 1/8th on street tires

Idle vacuum indicates a more aggressive cam. Tune for the cam. Or it has a vacuum leak.

It does have a small cam in it that was installed when they did the did delete. The cam is 222/234 dur and 566/576 lift on a 113 lsa.

I have no idea where to start with tuning a cam on this pcm. On the older 411 pcms it's pretty easy for me. This is the first one of these newer pcms I've messed with. I thought it would be a simple turning the dod stuff off and be done then I found out it has a cam in it and I have no idea what I'm doing in this pcm..

Add idle adapt advance to channels you're logging

Here is some good reading on gen 4 idle stuff

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...e-tuning-guide

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Add idle adapt advance to channels you're logging

Here is some good reading on gen 4 idle stuff

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...e-tuning-guide
    Thats just what I needed thanks alot hopefully I can get this dialed in. I've been beating my head against a wall for a day and a half trying to figure this out on my own. hopefully I can get this sorted out thanks again for that link.
    2001 V6 M5 firebird: drop in K&N, 12bolt with posi and 4.30s, magnaflow muffler, gutted cat.
    9.5 at 73 in the 1/8th on street tires