Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Camaro lsx454 with whipple 2.9

Tuner in Training

2010 Camaro lsx454 with whipple 2.9

Hi

I have 2010 Camaro, E38, Lsx454, E85 fuel, Whipple 2.9 and 4L80 with pcm conversion harness combo.

This is my first serius Hp tuners tune job. Only minor tweaks done earlier with that..

I dyno tested engine with Haltech efi. Engine work like a dream 4" and 2.75" pulley.. But E2500 not work with Gm Can so have to try with this.

I have run 60miles testing now. Try find here tips. Chanced Gm 3 bar map. Feels nothing help..
    Tested allmoust tune tips what i can found here..
    It will work good with easy throttle. But when boost kicks in it will go realy lean. Allso fast throttle do the same.

If i understant right this efi, there is not Maf vs rpm or Map vs rpm for fuel table at all?

It will write constanly stft and ltft tables while driving. But that table end 105kpa?

I have config and many log files if someone can look it and help me out and point right direction

Advanced Tuner
    Wow...what a beast! Killer build.

Few things:

Tell us about the fuel system you have. Hopeufully you've got a huge return style dual or triple pump feeding some huge (1000 or 1200) injectors. If not...then there's your lean problem and nothing you will do in the tune can help that.

Did you update your tune to read the 3 bar map sensor properly? There are 2 input values that need to be changed.

You really should upgrade to the HP Tuners 3 bar operating system. This will allow you some benefits to tune past 105 kpa. You can do this with the standard OS too...but it seems you have no idea about GM VVE tables and tuning. Time to read up!

Post your tune up so we can have a look. There is MAP vs RPM (this is the VE table). And there is MAF table as well. Do you have a MAF in the intake? Or are you running a SD tune?
    Last edited by cc-rider; 09-06-2016 at 12:31 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3
    Kenne Bell 2.8 Supercharger
    BTR stage 3 PDS Torque Cam
    Frankenstein M311 heads
    9:1 forged rotating assembly
    Speed Engineering Headers
    ID1000 Injectors
    Twin return fuel fuel pump
    PLX Wideband
    HP Tuners

Tuner in Training
    Thanks. It will be a beast some day. Have to post some pictures later..

Fuel system ect work good. Like i type before. We dynotested engine with haltech E2500 efi (Super flow engine dyno) ~850hp with 4" and over 1000hp with 2.75" wheel.. But now we have to use factory efi with that car.
    And all tune work have to start over..

I add 0.02 and 312 kpa in map setup. It will read right that sensor with air test. But i need to update OS allso?

Here is couple log files and setup.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I don't think .02 is right for the offset for a 3 bar map sensor.

On your VVE tables under the EDIT tab, open it and click the MAP (kpa) on the left, it will open and click defaults and click the last one to make the VVE table extend to 300kpa.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

You've changed nothing but one table for the fuel injectors, turned the PE EQ Ratio way up (2+), have no wideband in the logs, the MAF table is 100% stock, the VVE table is basically flat lined now... this is a mess. It's running leaner than stoich until you get to 4K RPM's, even at WOT. You have the low octane timing table set to 50* at the lower end, higher than the high octane table. You've increased the AFR spark correction factor table significantly so now that you're commanding crazy rich it's also adding a lot of timing. You aren't logging knock retard so who knows what is going on there. You've enabled the virtual flex fuel sensor (which I'm not sure will even work with this OS) but if it does, that isn't what you want.

Someone that knows what they are doing needs to tune a car like this. You are going to blow something up.

Not to mention fuel trims are literally at like 60% total. I didn't even know they could go that high.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post

On your VVE tables under the EDIT tab, open it and click the MAP (kpa) on the left, it will open and click defaults and click the last one to make the VVE table extend to 300kpa.
    .02 is wrong. It should be -11.25 for the offset value and 312.5 for linear.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    Rough answer. I can take it..
    The reason why i post here is because i dont know allmoust nothing about this software.
    There is not nothing similar in fuel setup than, Haltech, Motec, Autronic and Big Stuff that im used to..

That file is one of 60 different try. There is not all the mess what all i have try get feel that software..

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post

I try first with that values. But scanner live read sensor in clean air 82kpa. That sould be ~100kpa in that point..
    That is reason why it is 0.02.
    Have to chance that if im wrong..
    Last edited by Jh2000; 09-06-2016 at 02:22 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Cool. Just got activated VE tables where is some sense. Now i can start over.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jh2000 View Post
    Rough answer. I can take it..
    The reason why i post here is because i dont know allmoust nothing about this software.
    There is not nothing similar in fuel setup than, Haltech, Motec, Autronic and Big Stuff that im used to..

That file is one of 60 different try. There is not all the mess what all i have try get feel that software..
    Yeah as schpenxel said...that tune is a mess from every single aspect. You've got a killer build there....you're lucky you haven't already blown it up. Please...do yourself a favor and stop now...go to someone who knows what they are doing and get you set up. You can always play with it and dial it in from there.

Or...your alternative is to start reading up here and learning tuning. I'd plan for about 3 months of reading and learning and participating here to get it figured out. It can be rewarding...and frustrating too.

Also...I'm still not sure I understand what your fuel supply set up is. What specific fuel pump do you have. Is it a return style system or a returnless like the factory. And what specific injectors do you have. If you don't know...then again...stop right now and don't drive that until you know.
    Last edited by cc-rider; 09-06-2016 at 02:59 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3
    Frankenstein M311 heads
    ID1000 Injectors
    PLX Wideband
    HP Tuners

I really didn't mean for that to sound as assy as it did.. but there are some serious problems, not something we can just say "Hey change this one table and you'll be fine". It's really every single thing I looked at just about.

I'd hate to see a build like this blown up over a $500 tune.

Where are you located?

What injectors are in it?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    I really didn't mean for that to sound as assy as it did.. but there are some serious problems, not something we can just say "Hey change this one table and you'll be fine". It's really every single thing I looked at just about.

I'd hate to see a build like this blown up over a $500 tune.

Where are you located?

What injectors are in it?
    Im work with efis, carbs and mechanical injection range 100-4500hp.. Gasoline, Ethanol and menthanol. Street, marine, pulling and drag racing..
    Every new software need some "kick" in then then its easy understand them.

This setup fuel system is.
    16U-00-0090-8 Injectors
    Aeromotive 18674 pump
    And same brand an8 regulator.

In engine dyno run dual bosch 044.
    I have to overdrive injectors duty when we go over 1000hp

Im located Europe, Finland

Need to put in the proper injector data first. You've only updated the injector flow rate table. The short pulse adder and offset vs. pressure vs. ign voltage tables are still stock. DW provides data for those, so use it. Not sure how accurate it is, but it's worth trying. I don't think that's enough injector for E85 on that setup but we'll see.

Next need to turn off flex fuel sensor entirely unless you are actually running a sensor

Set stoich AFR table to actual stoich for the fuel you are using

Right now it's using both the VE and MAF tables for airflow. Disable VE, tune MAF table. Disable MAF, tune VE table. Some people just do one or the other, some people do both. The point is you can't tune them both at the same time and right now they are both enabled..

The VE tables in the upgraded OS are blank by default, so you need to get some data in there before it will run well if at all

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jh2000 View Post
    Im work with efis, carbs and mechanical injection range 100-4500hp.. Gasoline, Ethanol and menthanol. Street, marine, pulling and drag racing..
    Every new software need some "kick" in then then its easy understand them.

This setup fuel system is.
    16U-00-0090-8 Injectors
    Aeromotive 18674 pump
    And same brand an8 regulator.

In engine dyno run dual bosch 044.
    I have to overdrive injectors duty when we go over 1000hp

Im located Europe, Finland
    Finland...very cool. I lived in Germany for a few years and used to travel to Finland (Helsinki) for work sometimes. Fantastic country. Who doesn't like a nice sauna with some naked women, right?

We all started somewhere with HP Tuners so you are more than welcome here. Not trying to question your knowledge...just want to make sure you don't blow your engine on such an awesome build. I would recommend upgrading to the 3 bar HP Tuners operating system. Will allow you to much easier tune your VE table. Then do as schpenxel said. Make sure you are logging the right PID's. Make sure fuel pressure and injector duty cycle are being logged and watch them very closely. You may or may not have enough injector there to run E85. Gasoline you're good to go. Also...what is your octane in Finland? I believe it is much higher than our shitty gas here in the states. So you'll be able to run some more timing likely.
    2010 Camaro LS3
    Frankenstein M311 heads
    ID1000 Injectors
    PLX Wideband
    HP Tuners

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    base tune get your injector data first

2010 CAMARO 61mod_test.hpt
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Ok. Now i think injection settings and some minor mods are ready?
    Some reason 127lb/hr is maximun for 85,3psi and above.
    ~60psi is top fuel press what i plan use for so it is realy matter?
    Fist run with that 3.5" wheel. Later with 2.75"

Look files.
    There is allso one picture for one test run engine dyno test. There you can see how high Ms injectors must go in top end with 425kpa fuel press..
    When i order injectors i cannot find bigger lbs injectors what fit with whipple intake and fuel rails.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by cc-rider View Post
    Finland...very cool. I lived in Germany for a few years and used to travel to Finland (Helsinki) for work sometimes. Fantastic country. Who doesn't like a nice sauna with some naked women, right?

We all started somewhere with HP Tuners so you are more than welcome here. Not trying to question your knowledge...just want to make sure you don't blow your engine on such an awesome build. I would recommend upgrading to the 3 bar HP Tuners operating system. Will allow you to much easier tune your VE table. Then do as schpenxel said. Make sure you are logging the right PID's. Make sure fuel pressure and injector duty cycle are being logged and watch them very closely. You may or may not have enough injector there to run E85. Gasoline you're good to go. Also...what is your octane in Finland? I believe it is much higher than our shitty gas here in the states. So you'll be able to run some more timing likely.
    Yes mayby. But when you have lived here whole life nothing is fantastic anymore.. Sauna is great with some ladys
    I have been Germany many times. Hockenheim, pitburger and some "clubs" hell yeah!!
    My speedboat foating in Helsinki centrum. You have to stop by if there is some summer left when you next time be here..

I have to spend with laptop couple days before next road test.

Gasolines here: 95E10, 98E5, 99+ and E85 blend.

Tuner in Training
    I try setup above+ proven ve tables (rpm vs map) Engine start and shutdown. Feel like Vats engage. Try disable that.. Nothing.
    Then i go back original with correct base setup+ small tweaks. And that run! Not perfect but good starting point.
    Realy nice machine
    I can share log file is some is interested.

I use hand held wb gauge.
    But can someone give advise some double wb boxes what talk with E38? I google Aem and plx has some what may work? One Aem was with obd2 connection.. Dont like that..
    Or is it just feed wb box output 0-1v signal to orginal wires?

E38 is incapable of using a wideband O2 sensor, only narrowbands. Welcome to GM factory ECM's.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Do you have the HP Tuners Pro version? If so, get yourself a wideband and start logging and tuning via AFR error method. Get a PLX Gen 4 wideband. Very fast and accurate wideband.
    2010 Camaro LS3
    Frankenstein M311 heads
    ID1000 Injectors
    PLX Wideband
    HP Tuners