Thread: C7 Z06 IAT Advance issue

Tuner in Training

C7 Z06 IAT Advance issue

Wanted to see if anybody has run into this issue yet. I have a 2016 Z06 with a CAI and an upper pulley. The problem wouldn't happen on the dyno, only the street. When making a WOT pull it shows on the data logger that IAT Advance is pulling out timing even though I have it zeroed out in that area. Wanted to see if anybody else has had this issue. I have included a copy of the tune and log. It happens around time stamp 2:56.

Thanks

ChristianGojanaj_Street_3.hpl
    2016_Corvette_Z06_Auto_ChristianGojanaj_Final.hpt
    Last edited by walshmotorsports; 10-05-2016 at 02:17 PM.

What does IAT 2 look like?

Tuner in Training
    It is in the log but it starts out at 118 and is 106 by the end of the run. I have been told that IAT 2 is not reading correctly and it really makes sense. I have never had a car that the IAT's go down during a run.

log Manifold Air Temp

Advanced Tuner
    Higgs, My manifold Air temp reaches 170F in 95F ambient. if I zero out all the IAT table, will it stop pulling timing? I lose like 5-7 degs after few secs. Anything can be done about that?

Quote Originally Posted by HNK View Post
    Higgs, My manifold Air temp reaches 170F in 95F ambient. if I zero out all the IAT table, will it stop pulling timing? I lose like 5-7 degs after few secs. Anything can be done about that?
    Give it a try, let us know.... Mine pulls .5 degrees or less when I think it is 0'd where it counts, maybe due to interpolation....I haven't really tried getting to the bottom of it yet.

I was just looking at this today... the IAT2 makes no sense from the chart vs the graph screen either....
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

Tuner in Training
    I logged Manifold air temp and the temps were going into the 225 degree range on a WOT pull on the road. We installed a Fast Proms tank and ran the car with no difference then I added an additive to the Intercooler coolant and dropped the IAT's 55-60 degrees and they no longer exceed 170 degrees running from third gear all the way through fifth. Customer is a 40-140 racer. Not sure if were going to do anything else as he may put a procharger on it over the winter.

Just wanted to let you guys know what I found.

Advanced Tuner
    What was the additive you added? Are you sure that did the trick or possibly bleeding after you added it?

Tuner in Training
    The additive I used is called Kwick Kool. I never shut the car off. I pulled the lid off the tank and added the additive in and shut the hood and went for the same drive as prior and did all the same tests. The car immediately had cooler IAT's driving. Just took the car to the track and IAT's never went over 170 degrees and were actually on the way back down by the end of the quarter mile.

Have you tried Water-Wetter?