Thread: Bootloader!!!! FML

Tuner in Training

Bootloader!!!! FML

Any1 got an idea on why i keep bootloader transfer data timeout......
    Was working fine... pulled over to write then i keep getting this message, voltage is fine at obd connecter and ive even replaced battery, and pulled radio fuse.

I tried unchecking high speed and it will sometimes write halfway then write transfer :time out.... if it gets passed bootloader its really starting to annoy me

Ecu is P01

Tuner in Training
    Also occasionally comes up controller unlocker timeout

What year model and type of car?

Tuner in Training
    2002 VX SS commodore (Aus)
    Was all good and uploaded a fair few times till just then, once again failed bootloader.

Potential Tuner
    I had the same problem except my would never load. I always got the bootloader error. I had an aftermarket controller connected to my stereo and that is what caused the problem. Once I uninstalled it everything worked great.

Tuner in Training
    Yeh we had that issue with another car, but this only has an aftermarket baeic single din, seriously cant work it out ay

It just happens randomly then if i leave the car for a couple of hours and come back... it will write straight away

Some early commodores (especially utes) have a lot of noise on the communications bus, they seem to be worse when the engine is hot. The only consistent way to avoid issues is to use a bench harness unfortunately.
    I count sheep in hex...