Thread: New "Learner" to HPT Not to tuning the old school way

New "Learner" to HPT Not to tuning the old school way

Hi:

My name is Steve. I am coming to HPT to learn/refine tunes on LS3s. I am going FI on my 2009 Corvette Z51 and I am determined to install an A&A kit and tune it myself. I am only a hobbyist, not looking to become a tuner.

I am in the "research stage" on a lot of topics including tuning theory. I am not an absolute beginner and I understand about 60% of what's going on with engine management....that's the dangerous 60% BTW. Up until about a month ago I was only at 50%, but I met one of those guardian angels on another site. His user name is schpenxel. I hope to keep receiving help from him here too. And from others willing to carry me when I cannot. I have purchased and received the A&A supercharger kit, but it will sit in the boxes until I am confident I can create and load a tune to safely start the car on my own...Yes, I am the hopeless DIYer.

Tuner
    Sounds like a well thought out approach, learning & understanding theory will make for a better tune and tuning experience. Learn your way around the the scanner tool and have fun.